IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo AND Warsaw early eightys
11/7/10, 12:10 PM   #1
Kokomo AND Warsaw early eightys
old timer 38

Need help finding some history on an early eighties sprint car that ran at Kokomo an Warsaw. The Car was owned by Northside welding from Lafayette In. an was owened by Frank Froute I think. an help would be appreciated.

11/7/10, 12:47 PM   #2
Re: Kokomo AND Warsaw early eightys
CROCKER STALKER

do you have a car #

11/7/10, 12:57 PM   #3
snoopy

May have been #55. I believe that Tony Metsinger drove it. Metsinger's are still around the mini sprints. I believe that Derek Davidson and maybe Eric Shively may have run the car. Maybe I can remember more with time.

11/7/10, 1:14 PM   #4
K9Racer

Franks cars were #33. They started with an older Shores car then bought a Challenger. Their last car was a Competition Welding car purchased from Bob and Dave Darland. They also had a couple of Dirt Champ cars. I believe the #55 cars were Eric Shivelys.

11/7/10, 3:22 PM   #5
old timer 38

The car I have is a Shores it is Orange with a Blue frame an the number is #33

11/7/10, 7:14 PM   #6
K9Racer

If I 'm correct, that was Franks Original car. Tony Metsinger drove it. If you would like I can get you in touch with Earl Faurote. He is Frank's son. He could probably answer any questions you have. Terry Shepard owned the car after Frank. If I am correct.
Last edited by K9Racer; 11/7/10 at 7:16 PM.

11/9/10, 11:14 PM   #7
old timer 38

Thanks for the info I had contacted Earl about a year ago an he promised to send me some pictures an some info on the car but he never did. I also contated the Shepards about the car an they said they didn't know anything about it. if you could tell me who might have driven the car I would appreciate it also would you know who the photographer's were at Kokmo an Warsaw were at the time I would like to contact them an see if I could get any pictures. Thanks for the help you have been any any further help you can be. Jim Mc Intosh

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo AND Warsaw early eightys