IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > AMSA Season Ends
10/7/09, 8:08 PM   #1
AMSA Season Ends
Phylo82

Haven't seen anything out here so I figured I would post and congratulate Beau Stewart for winning the AMSA championship....well done Beau!

We enjoyed our first season with the AMSA. We had some fun nights of racing and, Lord knows,.....we had some serious learning experiences as well. :34;

Looking forward to next season.....but also looking forward to a few months off!
#13e Maxim Sprint
Owner, Crew Chief, Pit Crew, Hauler, Check Writer, Grunt

1 member likes this post: mini27
10/7/09, 9:44 PM   #2
Re: AMSA Season Ends
Harry Jones 14

Yes congratulation to Beau Stewart on his point championship with A.M.S.A. and also to Sam Ashworth for the Rookie of the year with them, and his 1st feature win at the burg. Both of those guys are great drivers and wish them good luck in 2010.
Last edited by Harry Jones 14; 10/7/09 at 9:48 PM. Reason: miss spelled a word

10/7/09, 9:56 PM   #3
Jrp4554

Congratulations Beau and Sam. I only ran a couple races at the end of the year but had an absolute blast. See you guys in the spring. What are everybody's plans for 2010?

Jeremy Perdue #4

10/7/09, 10:04 PM   #4
Phylo82

Congrats to Rod Henning also on a great year in the 28 and Ryan Broughton in the 22.
#13e Maxim Sprint

10/7/09, 11:14 PM   #5
wbr

Congrats to Beau on winning the title. Wish we could have raced at the burg with you guys one more time before the snow flies.

10/8/09, 10:47 AM   #6
Phylo82

OK....since there were some complaints about the 'negativity' the past couple of weeks why don't we lighten the mood a bit.

Post your best and worst racing experience of the year. I will think about ours over lunch and post it later this afternoon.
#13e Maxim Sprint

10/8/09, 12:07 PM   #7
Harry Jones 14

All the drivers that ran with the Mini Sprints are all very talented ,and are some of the up and coming drivers to go on to the Sprints or what ever they choose to race in. The Mini Sprints are a stepping stone for the youth. So if anyone is interested in a Mini Sprint for the 2010 call and talk to the association of your choice they would be more then helpful to help you out. Good luck to all Have a safe and warm winter, will see you all next spring. You can find the phone numbers on their web sites.

10/8/09, 12:51 PM   #8
slide22

I know my worsts.. Having a flat tire, or cut tire 3 different times while leading. Both nights of the outlaw show, and the midget week show.

Was pretty cool during the midget week race to get the tire changed under red, and come back from the tail to finish 3rd though.

10/8/09, 8:37 PM   #9
mini27

Thanks guys. hope to see you all next year.

10/8/09, 10:28 PM   #10
Phylo82

We had what could only be described as a roller-coaster season. Even when things went well they went bad.

* First time we ran at Twin Cities we broke the shifter rod before ever even getting out on the track (thanks to the Willis's for lending us a replacement). Forced up into the wall during the heat race and tore up the Jacob's ladder. Got the car fixed for the feature, had moved from the rear to top 5 when a caution came out and the left front tire went flat. TJ was able to hold on and finish 6th.

* First time we ran at Moler, thought we were going to have a nice calm night for once. On the last lap of the feature our RF radius rod broke. TJ held on for 6th place but the last lap was scarey.

* Chilicothe.....had a good run in the heat and made the feature. As I was relaxing in the trailer I noticed something leaking from the car. The radiator was broken. Got the spot-light out and replaced the radiator (thanks to the Stewarts for the loaner). Got the car out for the feature....TJ went from 15th to 7th and won the 'hard charger'.

Highlight of the season.....finishing it without breaking anything last Saturday ......seriously, busting butt to get the car put back together after a wreck at L-Burg and getting it finished in time to run at Chilicothe

Lowlight of the season....the motor blowing up at L-Burg after two good race finishes to start the season. We missed about 4 race weekends because of that and other motor problems that followed.
#13e Maxim Sprint
Last edited by Phylo82; 10/8/09 at 10:30 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > AMSA Season Ends