IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Traxxas_silver Crown (RC Cars)
5/6/11, 7:00 AM   #1
Traxxas_silver Crown (RC Cars)
hoosierhillbilly

THis was posted in the news section but I thought I would bring it up here. It was noted that Traxxas was going to sponser the SIlver Crown Series. Traxxas makes scale RC replicas of the Short Course trucks used in the TORC series (another USAC Division). They also make other RC product including boats and monster trucks.

I personally think this is cool. I started messing around with RC cars last year. I have a Losi Mini SPrint and Traxxas Slash Short Course Truck. I do a little racing but am not great. However, I have fun.

It would be neat if Traxxas/USAC had a match race or two with the silver crown drivers prior to the races. THey did a similar type thing on ESPN with Kyle Busch (who will drive a traxxas truck in the NASCAR series), Jeff Gordon and Tony Stewart (Who also is involved with RC)

Anyway...kinda cool when my hobbies merge.

2 members like this post: Isaac Chapple Racing, Mud Packer
5/6/11, 7:08 AM   #2
Re: Traxxas_silver Crown (RC Cars)
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Any help the Silver Crown series can get would be a welcome addition. As it is, it seems to be the red headed step child with USAC.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

5/7/11, 3:20 AM   #3
Re: Traxxas_silver Crown (RC Cars)
bfranks17

the idea of havin them race rc's before is cool except how are you gonna fit all those fans around a small rc track

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Traxxas_silver Crown (RC Cars)