IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC/WoO Post
7/22/09, 8:41 PM   #11
Re: USAC/WoO Post
hogan6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
I had heard similar info of leaving USAC. Nothing else and that was from some people I trust but not sure they have the facts straight.

The Darrah thing, I have no idea.
Hearing that Stewart will shut down a majority of his USAC program next year too because of lack of sponsorship. Maybe just run a dirt sprint car for Levi. No pavement. No midgets. No Hines. Wouldn't be surprised to see him fire a up a Late Model program. Yikes.

7/22/09, 9:26 PM   #12
Pat O'Connor Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onlydirt View Post
Lets all dump USAC and chase wings!

JUST KIDDING
One more like that, and Kokomo will be advertising for a replacement donut-swiping cop............

7/22/09, 9:42 PM   #13
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogan6 View Post
Hearing that Stewart will shut down a majority of his USAC program next year too because of lack of sponsorship. Maybe just run a dirt sprint car for Levi. No pavement. No midgets. No Hines. Wouldn't be surprised to see him fire a up a Late Model program. Yikes.
He's already got a LM program, Just not in his shop.
How do you think he runs his Prelude runs and the last two Knoxville LM nationals?

My guess is they would like a bit better payoff and more exposure via TV, That or their sponsors would.

Just my guess, no facts behind it.
Chuck
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 7/22/09 at 9:44 PM.

7/22/09, 9:57 PM   #14
ked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftcoastmudeater View Post

I really wouldn't say that Brad went backwards in the ARCA race, he got turned on the second lap & hit the wall. After some beating & banging by the crew he was able to battle back from 2 laps down & finish 16th on the lead lap
I just saw the ending statistics... not the actual race. Glad to hear that his race went better than I saw/expected. Brad is a good guy and deserves all the best!

7/22/09, 10:00 PM   #15
hogan6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
He's already got a LM program, Just not in his shop.
How do you think he runs his Prelude runs and the last two Knoxville LM nationals?

My guess is they would like a bit better payoff and more exposure via TV, That or their sponsors would.

Just my guess, no facts behind it.
Chuck
With a car that Mark Richards prepares and maintains in his shop. His LM team would chase WoO points. Operate out of Tony's Brownsburg shop. Not run a couple times a year.

7/22/09, 10:58 PM   #16
Onlydirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat o'connor fan View Post
one more like that, and kokomo will be advertising for a replacement donut-swiping cop............

7/23/09, 12:21 AM   #17
RBurns17

I heard a similar story about TSR. I hinted at it after hearing it after the Kokomo show, but no one mentioned anything. But from what I've heard, Chevy is pulling their support, so at the end of the season, they are going to evaluate the situation, but most likely, the 21 team will be gone. But, this is purely rumor as I haven't heard it from TS's mouth, so I don't know how true it is. But who I did hear it from would probably know. I could see Kasey Kahne doing something similar with Mopar leaving. They are both pretty shrewd business men, so I'm sure losing the free motors is going to make them rethink the profitability of a racing program.

7/23/09, 1:10 AM   #18
Joe Kidd

The sooner they leave USAC the better off they will be.

7/23/09, 10:23 AM   #19
Geoff Kaiser

Fast forward to about 2:23 into it. Cody Darrah throws his steering wheel at Sean Michael then goes over to his car and starts ripping the spark plug wires off. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmWVokf-A3g

7/24/09, 11:05 AM   #20
SPRINTCAR

Some late model org's have tv deals and so does WOO. Where's that leave USAC and their teams being able to get good sponsorship deals.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC/WoO Post