IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > That damn Dave Darland!
7/22/15, 6:58 PM   #21
Slidejob

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
I think he may find himself off the forum real soon.
So you're saying a person is not allowed to give a opinion on here? Is that what you're saying?

1 member likes this post: Beinthecircle
7/22/15, 7:01 PM   #22
Re: That damn Dave Darland!
PJ Wright

[QUOTE=Slidejob;420076 But is he a legend, or one of the best? No. Could he have made it to the next level? No.[/QUOTE]

But is he a legend, or one of the best? Yes. Could he have made it to the next level? Yes. See, I've got an opinion too. Now let's see who the majority of IOW members agrees with.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.

7/22/15, 7:09 PM   #23
JarrettFarms73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slidejob View Post
So you're saying a person is not allowed to give a opinion on here? Is that what you're saying?
My opinion is the fact that you waited... Then quoted the appreciation of a positive thread, then promptly went against the grain is a passive aggressive way to go. Does it constitute misuse of the forum? I'd say yes. But I don't vote nor moderate. Opinion: fine. Timing: poor.

3 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, jim goerge, racegal
7/22/15, 7:17 PM   #24
Slidejob

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarrettFarms73 View Post
My opinion is the fact that you waited... Then quoted the appreciation of a positive thread, then promptly went against the grain is a passive aggressive way to go. Does it constitute misuse of the forum? I'd say yes. But I don't vote nor moderate. Opinion: fine. Timing: poor.
That is the stupidest thing,I have ever heard, in my entire life.

1 member likes this post: monkeyboy
7/22/15, 7:24 PM   #25
Slider20

Just cause you are a great dirt racer doesn't mean that the success automatically transfers over to the "the next level", which I think you are referring to pavement aka NASCAR, Indy, etc. With that being said, if anyone could have done it, I would have put my money on Dave!!!! And he has the most all time wins, how can you tell me he isn't a legend? Get out of here.
Last edited by Slider20; 7/22/15 at 7:26 PM.

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, jim goerge, racegal
7/22/15, 7:28 PM   #26
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Gonna try to do this without a combative tone to Mr ......Job

I really only went to about five or six races a year all local Burg until the mid 80s then I followed Staab around a bit. Staab was already in his prime and won a couple more track championships into the late 80s and then pretty much followed USAC Full time on city workers salary and a few friends.

The first time I really paid any attention to DD was at a spring Eldora Race, 89-90 and I really didn't know who she was cheering till he won his heat but there was this Blond and some friends sitting a couple rows down, Just the biggest fans of this driver I'd ever seen. Well that was Momma D. and she was cheering for what was then. THE "DEPUTY" Dave Darland. Dave finished somewhere in the top ten but it was family team with few friends and support. Remember the 36D Beachy Engines car but he was one of those who could possibly wins along with House, Staab and several others. Even so They weren't a match for Vogler, Elliott, Haudenschild who sometimes ran, Swartz, Rice and Hewitt. All of who had 20 years under their belts and top equiptment.

I really didn't take notice of DD till he drove the Valvoline and then the Articat car where he won some. I see him run some winged and he was solid in that as well.

There was a point in there that I think he could have choose against the family life and went WoO or All Star or both and I have no doubt he'd of been possibly a All Star champ at some point if he'd of gone that route. WoO? Since theres been basically only five guys to dominate that since its inception. I don't know if he's of ever reached Champ of that. And nobody does or will and to say he would or wouldn't is purely speculation. Do I think it he'd of got the ride, sponsors and crew chief necessary that he could have made a good and even better living? Yeah, Id put him in there with Jacobs. Haud, etc that won now and then and had tracks they had a edge or the balls to beat Kinser, Swindell or Wolf. But he didn't I really don't think he wanted too. He's a family man.

The career he choose, SPrints, midgets and Champs the record speaks for itself. And he has made a living and raised a family off it alone in a period where no more than a handful of people in the country were doing it by this route.

Him and Stanbrough and Coons is entering the time where many have become has beens. Dozens have run USAC all their career and never won. To be Tripple Crown winner and multiple champions in a couple divisions? Well thats a select few.

What stands is, He's still winning and I look down a couple rows and see a Blond Momma, Grandma, the kids and grandkids, A couple sisters I've met and several others are ALL STANDING CHEERING THEIR CHAMPION.

Wheres your Championship, Mr. Slide............?

7/22/15, 7:35 PM   #27
Jerry Shaw

OK, you've made your point and you've tried to be a bit more diplomatic this time. They're not going to change your mind and you're not going to change the minds of most of the racing world. I'm going to give you a mulligan in this case, because this thread was kind of put out there to bait you. There's no point in continuing this. You're just going to get mad when you get ganged up on, again and end up getting your self kicked out. And you're probably hanging on by a thread, as it is.

What do you like about racing that's out there, right now? Put something positive up and add to the forum.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

7/22/15, 7:39 PM   #28
PJ Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slidejob View Post
That is the stupidest thing,I have ever heard, in my entire life.
Then you've never read your own posts. Yesterday you said: "Darland's a joke". Tonight you said: "Dave's very good". Are you a politician? No I know what you are; A cowardly troll who won't back up his opinion with his name.
Now, for the first time in years, I'm going to activate the 'ignore' feature Bill created.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.

4 members like this post: fish, jim goerge, racegal, ronmil
7/22/15, 7:54 PM   #29
Slidejob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw View Post
OK, you've made your point and you've tried to be a bit more diplomatic this time. They're not going to change your mind and you're not going to change the minds of most of the racing world. I'm going to give you a mulligan in this case, because this thread was kind of put out there to bait you. There's no point in continuing this. You're just going to get mad when you get ganged up on, again and end up getting your self kicked out. And you're probably hanging on by a thread, as it is.

What do you like about racing that's out there, right now? Put something positive up and add to the forum.

Jerry
You seem like a pretty cool dude. I would buy you a beer anytime.

7/22/15, 8:51 PM   #30
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

And my thread got ruined. Awesome.

6 members like this post: BrentTFunk, fish, JackSam40, jim goerge, racegal, ronmil
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > That damn Dave Darland!