IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Seating issues with SPEED TV @ Raceway Park
7/29/11, 4:04 PM   #11
Re: Seating issues with SPEED TV @ Raceway Pa
raceway video

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcveyracing View Post
I generally try and avoid complaining about things on a public forum, but this really irritated me last night at the ARCA/USAC races last night. I bought 2 general admission tickets for the races planning all along to sit in the "cheap seats" in turn four. After arriving early we snagged 2 great seats high in turn 4, shortly after we (and several other people) were approached by an LORP official who asked us to move to the front-stretch. He apologized and stated that they were bound by contract with SPEED TV to make everyone sit on the front stretch.
Maybe it's being petty, but if a person buys a general admission ticket he should be able to sit in a general admission area, or at least they should let you know at purchase that those seats aren't available.
but...
Got to see some great racing at a great track!

I did send an email to SPEED TV requesting a refund for my tickets, not holding my breath though, lol.
Am I missing something? Your seats were upgraded and your looking for a refund? I dont get it.

2 members like this post: Augie, terrehautian
7/29/11, 4:04 PM   #12
racerdog45

there was no reserved seating last night other than the very top 2-3 rows which went with the VIP suites. I have no problem them keeping you in a certain area, is easier to patrol and provide security for. I have bigger issues with charging me for a ticket then adding another $10 to park in an unlit, grass field and then no walkways and having to cross a ditch on a little wodden bridge that was shaky at best, also $4 for a bottle of Coke or water is ********.... but the racing was decent and was overall a good evening but my bad for not packing a cooler to take.

7/29/11, 4:27 PM   #13
ossuks

No one seemed to mind that USAC cut the heat races out? I was going till I got a text that there would be no heat or semi. No way was I paying $35 to get in and watch stock cars and no heats.

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
7/29/11, 5:50 PM   #14
koolaid89

Be grateful for what you have, I don't know of many tracks that have a triple header that includes two USAC national events on a nice short track like IRP (call it what you want but it will be IRP til the day I die)

7/29/11, 6:55 PM   #15
Rogue-9

You paid 10 for parking? It was 5 when I got there, although I got there before qualifying at about 3:00-3:30. Huh, looks like I got both a discounted ticket and discounted parking.

7/29/11, 7:05 PM   #16
racer-x

With the end of the nationwide race there nxt year i am sure this event will be history also!!! Then we can really complaign!!

7/29/11, 9:04 PM   #17
Sickfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer-x View Post
With the end of the nationwide race there nxt year i am sure this event will be history also!!! Then we can really complaign!!
I highly doubt that...I would love a number on how many were there last night because I thought the crowd was pretty damn good myself.

7/29/11, 9:11 PM   #18
bullring

I would gladly pay $10 to park at any track where you can carry in a cooler.

1 member likes this post: sw1911
7/29/11, 10:05 PM   #19
Sawdust101

I also wanted to sit in turn 4 sec 304 up high. All taped off couldn't sit where we wanted too. Sitting in turn 4 you can see the whole track better and no one standing up in front of you. I am sending the office at (IRP) LOR and letter to voice my opinion on making us sit on the front stretch. They were great races and the folks that left after the Arcade race missed some good ones from Team USAC. After all, USAC timed in at the 20's and the Arcade tin tops a blazing 24 sec laps.

7/29/11, 10:21 PM   #20
bullring

A little off topic, but I wonder how they will hide all the empty seats next year when they move the Nationwide race to the Brickyard.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Seating issues with SPEED TV @ Raceway Park