IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Seating issues with SPEED TV @ Raceway Park
7/29/11, 1:43 PM   #1
Seating issues with SPEED TV @ Raceway Park
mcveyracing

I generally try and avoid complaining about things on a public forum, but this really irritated me last night at the ARCA/USAC races last night. I bought 2 general admission tickets for the races planning all along to sit in the "cheap seats" in turn four. After arriving early we snagged 2 great seats high in turn 4, shortly after we (and several other people) were approached by an LORP official who asked us to move to the front-stretch. He apologized and stated that they were bound by contract with SPEED TV to make everyone sit on the front stretch.
Maybe it's being petty, but if a person buys a general admission ticket he should be able to sit in a general admission area, or at least they should let you know at purchase that those seats aren't available.
but...
Got to see some great racing at a great track!

I did send an email to SPEED TV requesting a refund for my tickets, not holding my breath though, lol.

7/29/11, 1:51 PM   #2
Drtchsr

Race Count This Year: 34
Race Count Last Year: 53

I went to the speedway for the Indy Lights race. Wanted to sit in turn two but the stands were closed. Should I ask for a refund?
Posted via Mobile Device

7/29/11, 2:00 PM   #3
Torry

Looks like they were short on crowd.

That's been a problem lately with all forms of live sporting events.

Did they cover the empty seats with giant banners?
Posted using Mobile Device

7/29/11, 2:00 PM   #4
Re: Seating issues with SPEED TV @ Raceway Pa
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Good luck on your refunds guys. Let me know how this turns out. Same thing happened to me and I had to sit next to Lefty last night and I would also like a full refund for my discounted ticket.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

7/29/11, 2:09 PM   #5
FishBurger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Packer View Post
Good luck on your refunds guys. Let me know how this turns out. Same thing happened to me and I had to sit next to Lefty last night and I would also like a full refund for my discounted ticket.
Assuming that you were seated next to RacinBabe, you've got no sympathy or "refund" coming.

2 members like this post: Danny Burton, SprintManDave
7/29/11, 2:23 PM   #6
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishBurger View Post
Assuming that you were seated next to RacinBabe, you've got no sympathy or "refund" coming.
Thats the problem Marv, she wasn't along. Besides having Lefty sitting next to me, I also had Bubba and his cousins Cooter and Enoch STANDING in front of me. The only thing I could see was

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
7/29/11, 2:31 PM   #7
TQ29m

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcveyracing View Post
I generally try and avoid complaining about things on a public forum, but this really irritated me last night at the ARCA/USAC races last night. I bought 2 general admission tickets for the races planning all along to sit in the "cheap seats" in turn four. After arriving early we snagged 2 great seats high in turn 4, shortly after we (and several other people) were approached by an LORP official who asked us to move to the front-stretch. He apologized and stated that they were bound by contract with SPEED TV to make everyone sit on the front stretch.
Maybe it's being petty, but if a person buys a general admission ticket he should be able to sit in a general admission area, or at least they should let you know at purchase that those seats aren't available.
but...
Got to see some great racing at a great track!

I did send an email to SPEED TV requesting a refund for my tickets, not holding my breath though, lol.
I guess it doesn't surprise me, but they still couldn't hide all the empty seats, I wouldn't hold my breath on a refund, my wife is the one that looks for the empty seats, so she didn't have to look hard last night. Maybe they need to invest in some "actors", to fill the seats! Bob!

7/29/11, 3:02 PM   #8
racefan20

Actually the crowd was pretty decent last night, alot better than just the midgets and SC the last few years.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

7/29/11, 3:25 PM   #9
SprintManDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
Actually the crowd was pretty decent last night, alot better than just the midgets and SC the last few years.
Yes, but a lot of the additional crowd were standing up.

7/29/11, 3:32 PM   #10
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintManDave View Post
Yes, but a lot of the additional crowd were standing up.
Some around me but not too many, thats why I sat in the front row of the upper seats :2:

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Seating issues with SPEED TV @ Raceway Park