IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Miller's Words Endorsing High Cost of Midget Racing
8/17/09, 3:22 PM   #11
Re: Miller's Words Endorsing High Cost of Midget Racing
racefan20

He has a point Don, instead of sitting there flinging arrows at USAC, come up with a solution. Your arrows would have a lot more credibility if you had some answers. Then if they dont want to listen fling your arrows as much as you want.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

8/17/09, 3:28 PM   #12
DonMoore10

Uh.. Where have you been my friend? Not long ago I posted on my own thread several solutions. Dimentia is setting in now........

8/17/09, 3:33 PM   #13
cshuman

I think Dons point was that Kevin was basically saying he wasnt interested at all in trying to control the cost of the national midget series. I know I have been "quoted" before in a magazine or paper, and it was not exactly what I said or how I meant it, and maybe thats the case, but the way I read it was he was not going to try to do anything about the problem..

2 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, Ovalmeister
8/17/09, 3:37 PM   #14
DonMoore10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cshuman View Post
I think Dons point was that Kevin was basically saying he wasnt interested at all in trying to control the cost of the national midget series. I know I have been "quoted" before in a magazine or paper, and it was not exactly what I said or how I meant it, and maybe thats the case, but the way I read it was he was not going to try to do anything about the problem..
That is exactly what I got from a live conversation between myself, Mr. Miller and another car owner.........

3 members like this post: buck2, dirtnonwingfan, Ovalmeister
8/17/09, 4:18 PM   #15
ryoung99

Race Count This Year: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Spridgeon View Post
Yes, he did say those things. And yes, he is also the only person out there actively trying to find a logical solution to bring midget racing back. If you would actually talk to him, you would know that.

While I would agree that he is not the reason that things are the way they are, to say he is the "only" person out there actively working to find a logical solution is hardly true.

8/17/09, 5:25 PM   #16
Kevracer58

Say what you want, but BCRA is at least trying some ideas with their 2010 rules package to bring down costs.

1 member likes this post: SUPERDUKE
8/17/09, 5:32 PM   #17
Kirk Spridgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevracer58 View Post
Say what you want, but BCRA is at least trying some ideas with their 2010 rules package to bring down costs.
BCRA will never be the trend-setter. USAC controls the trends in Midgets and Sprint Cars. Just like the World of Outlaws control the trends of winged sprint cars. Until the big hitters that run with USAC are changed, then the whole world of midgets will not change...

1 member likes this post: RacingGirl10
8/17/09, 7:34 PM   #18
dirtywhiteboy

Quote:
BCRA will never be the trend-setter. USAC controls the trends in Midgets and Sprint Cars. Just like the World of Outlaws control the trends of winged sprint cars. Until the big hitters that run with USAC are changed, then the whole world of midgets will not change...
So it's the teams fault that Kevin doesn;t want to reign in costs?

You contradicted yourself there Spridge.
Quote:
USAC controls the trends in Midgets and Sprint Cars
Then:
Quote:
Until the big hitters that run with USAC are changed, then the whole world of midgets will not change
Now which is it. USAC or the ones that run with USAC are to blame?

2 members like this post: SPRINTCAR, SUPERDUKE
8/17/09, 8:08 PM   #19
Revolution Racing

Quote:

Fascinating... Kirk, would you not agree that some would argue it is Powri and ASCS that are currently controlling the respective trends you speak of? I think that if you view this from a National perspectve (national as in Nation-wide, not as in "National Midgets"), there are those who would argue that USAC is currently struggling just to maintain a seat at the table.

There is no question that USAC is still synonomous with the top-shelf, big name "National Midget" series in the same way that WOO is synonomous with top shelf, winged nonsense. But as we have already learned with the WOO, what goes on at that level is having less and less to do with what the other 95% of us do for the love of the sport on any given Saturday night.

1 member likes this post: dirtnonwingfan
8/17/09, 8:20 PM   #20
Kirk Spridgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtywhiteboy View Post
So it's the teams fault that Kevin doesn;t want to reign in costs?

You contradicted yourself there Spridge. Then:

Now which is it. USAC or the ones that run with USAC are to blame?
Yes, USAC, meaning Miller, needs to make changes to reign in the large teams that support their series. They set the bar, which is then followed by other series, just like the Outlaws. Quit reading into my posts...they're easy to follow. And Rick, you're just not even close...
Posted via Mobile Device

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Miller's Words Endorsing High Cost of Midget Racing