IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Driver fights for his life
7/2/09, 7:26 PM   #11
Re: Driver fights for his life
JasonWatt

My thoughts and prayers go out to Tony and his family.

7/2/09, 7:37 PM   #12
Hamby812

My thoughts and prayers go out to the driver and the family.

7/2/09, 8:43 PM   #13
safetyworker

You ask a great question...that is a question EVERY racer needs to ask every time before you strap in. It is awful to hear about this kind of tragedy...and I pray, as we all do, for a positive outcome. We must learn from these situations, including making sure where we compete is a safe facility with a well-equipped and well-trained safety team, in a car with all the best safety items while wearing the best personal safety equipment available...and having thought your way through what to do if you get in trouble. God bless Tony.
Last edited by safetyworker; 7/2/09 at 8:55 PM.

1 member likes this post: Bruce Harrison
7/2/09, 8:51 PM   #14
Hughes Racing

It is definately sad. Wish him and a get well. We hate to see this happen to anyone. It was mentioned in a earlier post that they were not sure if it was a mini or a micro. I guess it was a sprint car.

Hope you have a speedy recovery!

7/2/09, 9:56 PM   #15
IndyBound

My thoughts and prayers go out to Tony & Joyce Linner and their family.

God Bless You!

Patti

7/2/09, 11:10 PM   #16
sprint38racer

Prayers for this family during this hard time. This saddens me to see something like this and what his wife and children went through. I had an incident in 2004 at Red Hill in 2004 when I was hit dead in the tail tank on a red flag by a guy that wasn't paying attention to the lights or flagman, or 20 stopped cars and track. Like this gentleman my wife and young children were in the crowd right in front of the burning car with me knocked out in it. Thankfully track owner Jim Mills along with Jon Nicoson heroically braved the flames and suppressed the fire to minimize my injuries. I was wearing and new triple layer suit and nomes long underwear, hood sock, etc. RACERS DON'T RACE WITHOUT A QUALITY SUIT AND LONG UNDERWEAR, YES IT'S HOT, IT IS WORTH IT! wives, girlfriends, family, crews don't let your driver race without all the available safety equipment.

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

I really can spell, but I would have a hard time proving it, maybe i can't type....that must be it

7/2/09, 11:16 PM   #17
Jimmydiesel

Tony and family, you are in our prayers.
Jimmy and Corine

7/3/09, 1:40 PM   #18
safetyworker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEADERS EDGE View Post
How sad. I hope that every driver or family member of a driver who ses this; looks at their safety program and makes upgrades if needed.

While fire isn't as commen as in days gone by; it is still there. I cringe everytime I see a driver with a t-shirt instead of a fireproof shirt. I even cringe when I see the short sleeve fire proof shirts and shorts.

To last five minutes in a fire of that size, I have to believe he had ample fire protection, I just wish he would have kept his helmet on. Best wishes to he and his family.
Am I the only one (obviously not) who thinks it is counter-productive to have short-sleeved fire-retardant underwear???
Seems to me it is about as good an idea as a screen door on a submarine...just because you can does not mean you should!

7/3/09, 5:03 PM   #19
DIRT-TRACK-JUNKIE

My families thoughts and prayers are with yours. GOD BLESS

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Driver fights for his life