IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > My new small website.
2/24/09, 12:45 PM   #31
Re: My new small website.
richie

Great pictures David! :thumb

Interesting you brought this up as just last week, I finally got all my racing pictures put together in a few albums, in chronological order. For many years, they were just scattered all over the place. Now they're organized and I know where they all are.

Many of my parents racing pics are in there from the 1970s, 80s, and mine from the 90s and 2000s. There are a few pics from my albums floating around the internet, but maybe I should get a site together like you did to show them off.

2/24/09, 3:07 PM   #32
TQ29m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovalmeister View Post
Bob, do you mean the McDonald's 75? It was a Jack Rich car from Phoenix, AZ.
Just had a 750cc Suzuki in it and went mini sprint racing with it. Fun car, wish I still had it. That was the best handling car I ever drove. Jack Rich makes good stuff.
David.
Never even considered it being a mini, engine sideways threw me off. The side view is familiar, that's about the way I build my cars, they work good also. Good pic's, wish I had taken some over the years, but when you build em, haul em, wrench em and drive em, pictures never get there. Bob:thumb

2/24/09, 4:05 PM   #33
unclebuck

very, very nice

2/24/09, 7:24 PM   #34
Ovalmeister

Thanks for the kind words all. I found some 80's dirt champ (silver crown) photos. I'm gonna try to add them tonight. :thumb
David.

2/24/09, 9:15 PM   #35
jontheturboguy

Awesome photos.
Creepy to look at some of the Smiley pics...
To think we used to hurl drivers around at 230mph in an aircraft airframe.
No roll cage or protection about it....

:-(

2/24/09, 10:12 PM   #36
Ovalmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by jontheturboguy View Post
Awesome photos.
Creepy to look at some of the Smiley pics...
To think we used to hurl drivers around at 230mph in an aircraft airframe.
No roll cage or protection about it....

:-(
It is wierd to look at the Smiley photos. My Dad and I had met Gordon several times prior to his crash. He was always the nicest guy you'd ever meet. Always had time for us, pleasant to be around. I hated to see what happened to him.
He took a lot of grief from other drivers sometimes. It seemed like he had such a fear of failure. When he got in or around his car it seemed like his attitude changed, he got intense. Lot of people speculate that's why he crashed, just trying too hard to be fast, and made a bad mistake. Sad ending to a nice guy.
David.

2/25/09, 2:08 AM   #37
Ovalmeister

Updated with some 1980's Dirt Champ car photos. Hope you enjoy! :thumb
David.

2/25/09, 4:20 AM   #38
steve_g

David, enjoy your new site and wish you all the best in obtaining your Dad's car. I'm happy to make a donation to your cause - send me the info, whatever and I'll do what I can.
Loved the photos. I have a collection of sprint car videos from the 60's as well as having spent many many years following USAC sprint and midget racing since the 1970's, so I'm a fan of looking back and seeing what some of the true legends drove.
I've added your site to my favourites and if you've just scratched the surface, keep them comin !!!

Steve Grace:checkered:

2/25/09, 8:02 AM   #39
Ovalmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_g View Post
David, enjoy your new site and wish you all the best in obtaining your Dad's car. I'm happy to make a donation to your cause - send me the info, whatever and I'll do what I can.
Loved the photos. I have a collection of sprint car videos from the 60's as well as having spent many many years following USAC sprint and midget racing since the 1970's, so I'm a fan of looking back and seeing what some of the true legends drove.
I've added your site to my favourites and if you've just scratched the surface, keep them comin !!!

Steve Grace:checkered:

Hi Steve,
Glad you like the site and the photos, all the way from New Zealand, that's cool! And thanks for the offer to donate towards the car, that means the world to me. As important and special as that car is to me, I'd feel strange or maybe guilty accepting donations for it. With everyone losing their jobs these days, the economy, people losing health insurance and so on, there are probably a lot more important things to donate to than me. But knowing you'd do that is special and many thanks for offering!
As far as your videos, you should go to the site I went to and post them. (webs.com). I know a bunch of people like me that would love to watch them. The site is free and pretty easy to navigate. They really dumb it down. I did that site from beginning to end in about 3 hours and I'm pretty much an idiot. :O:
Thanks for adding my site to your fav's and I'll try to keep updating it. Added some dirt champ cars last night. Enjoy!
David.

3/1/09, 10:26 PM   #40
Ovalmeister

Hi all. I added some 80's sprint car pics to the gallery. Also, got rid of the "store" since they only allow 5 items at a time. Added a page called "for sale". For you collectors out there, you might find some interesting stuff. Artwork, autographed stuff, diecasts and really hard to find items.
Feel free to email me if you have any questions.
Thanks for checking it out! :thumb
David.

www.ovalmeister.webs.com

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > My new small website.