IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kevin swidell wins western
11/11/08, 11:52 AM   #61
Re: Kevin swidell wins western
Fisher79

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR>LR=LTO View Post
Rob: You're right on about crews fighting, stature of drivers, and the "kool aid", but please don't try and tell me or the good people on this board that you "never" act irrational. I've seen it in person.
From now on, please heed only the words from Derek Fisher..........his "Kool Aid" is the best!!!
Derek: I'm not ball busting. You're unbiased opinion is valued by many.
Ha! Thanks! Although I'm not sure the "unbiased" tag fits....

11/11/08, 5:26 PM   #62
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisher79 View Post
Ha! Thanks! Although I'm not sure the "unbiased" tag fits....
Thats for sure, I dont think there is a single unbiased person on this board.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

11/12/08, 6:29 PM   #63
Redbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6157 View Post
No, he can't. Tracy Hines is one of the dirtiest drivers out there.

Hell, Rob built that cow-catcher nerf bar specifically FOR Tracy to run into people at Anderson.

Oh yeah, and Rob, if it was JUST FOR Anderson, why is it still on the car today?
Where did that statement come from? 6157, I can only assume that you've just recently become a fan because I can't imagine that an educated, seasoned fan would make statements about two of the sports icons in a single post.

HAR has always fielded some of the best cars with the cleanest, hardest drivers in the sport. As a matter of fact, I tip my hat to Rob and everyone else at HAR for avoiding the "flavor-of-the-week" syndrome with driver selection. Always a great, experienced veteran in their rides.

And how did you manage to drag Hines into this discussion? One of the few remaining drivers out there that has achieved success based on merit and accomplishment, not with dad's checkbook. How did he do that? Tracy doesn't tear up a lot of owners' equipment doing stupid stuff. That's how he's always in top equipment. Again, you're either new to this or very misinformed.

Which brings us to Mr. Swindell. For two years now Kevin has grown the reputation of beating and banging his way to the front. If it were only a few incidents, a lot of folks might not have noticed. But it's epidemic at this point. Lot's people comment about it because it's a fact. And the sad part is he's a helluva racer. He doesn't need to do that. He is a pleasure to watch when he uses his head.

11/12/08, 6:42 PM   #64
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I think winning means more when EVERY OTHER COMPETITOR at the event can respect you at the end of the night. Shame the checkbook doesn't differentiate.

Chuck, not a Kevin hater but hes confirming some bad views I had from last year.

11/12/08, 7:16 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
Where did that statement come from? 6157, I can only assume that you've just recently become a fan because I can't imagine that an educated, seasoned fan would make statements about two of the sports icons in a single post.

HAR has always fielded some of the best cars with the cleanest, hardest drivers in the sport. As a matter of fact, I tip my hat to Rob and everyone else at HAR for avoiding the "flavor-of-the-week" syndrome with driver selection. Always a great, experienced veteran in their rides.

And how did you manage to drag Hines into this discussion? One of the few remaining drivers out there that has achieved success based on merit and accomplishment, not with dad's checkbook. How did he do that? Tracy doesn't tear up a lot of owners' equipment doing stupid stuff. That's how he's always in top equipment. Again, you're either new to this or very misinformed.
That's a very nice HAR press release you've written up there. From what I've seen of Rob and Tracy, they both lack respect for their fellow competitors in more ways than one.

You choose the believe what you want, I'll choose to believe what I see.

11/12/08, 8:20 PM   #66
tailtank

I don't ever recall Rusty Wallace paying his close friend Dale Earnhardt back for what Dale did to him at Talladega.......Oh wait we are talking about sprint car racing aren't we.:headbang

11/12/08, 8:30 PM   #67
Redbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6157 View Post
That's a very nice HAR press release you've written up there. From what I've seen of Rob and Tracy, they both lack respect for their fellow competitors in more ways than one.

You choose the believe what you want, I'll choose to believe what I see.
OK, I'm up for a debate. A little intellectual exercise never hurt anyone.

Please give specific examples of an ON TRACK, ROUGH DRIVING INCIDENT (that is the issue at hand, no "He's an ass" comments), involving any HAR driver or Tracy in the last 5 years.

You're up. I'm all ears.

11/12/08, 8:48 PM   #68
THE PAINTER

6157 you have no clue about this sport! tracy and rob are one of the best at what they do,and will help anyone if they can.i just wish i knew half what they do about racing.

11/12/08, 8:52 PM   #69

Quote:
OK, I'm up for a debate. A little intellectual exercise never hurt anyone.

Please give specific examples of an ON TRACK, ROUGH DRIVING INCIDENT (that is the issue at hand, no "He's an ass" comments), involving any HAR driver or Tracy in the last 5 years.

You're up. I'm all ears.
I don't know about you but "he's an ass" pretty much sums up the whole lack of respect for his fellow competitors for me.

I'm sure you've seen the races, you've never seen Tracy do anything wrong. Rehashing the past isn't going to change your mind.

11/12/08, 9:30 PM   #70
Fisher79

Quote:

Which brings us to Mr. Swindell. For two years now Kevin has grown the reputation of beating and banging his way to the front. If it were only a few incidents, a lot of folks might not have noticed. But it's epidemic at this point. Lot's people comment about it because it's a fact. And the sad part is he's a helluva racer. He doesn't need to do that. He is a pleasure to watch when he uses his head.
Not nitpicking here, but former Hoffman pilot Rich Vogler was not one of the cleanest racers in the sport. One of the hardest racers? Without a doubt. But despite all his success, he wouldn't make my top 50 of "cleanest racers." Not even close.
Last edited by Fisher79; 11/12/08 at 9:31 PM. Reason: nitpicking

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kevin swidell wins western