IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Question about Clayton
8/20/08, 9:22 PM   #41
Re: Question about Clayton
a tall Short fan 36

Wasn't that over last Saturday night?????

8/20/08, 9:27 PM   #42
TRUCKER D

Quote:
Originally Posted by a tall Short fan 36 View Post
Wasn't that over last Saturday night?????
Sory mabe it was last i heard that was where he was I can find out for ya

8/20/08, 9:34 PM   #43
a tall Short fan 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUCKER D View Post
Sory mabe it was last i heard that was where he was I can find out for ya
ok thanks

8/21/08, 12:58 AM   #44
sprintcarcrazy

if we want to get into kids racing off of daddys deep pockets neither kevin nor daron are doing it... kevins situation was called sponsors for the 2 years he was doing it.. darons situation is called 92 car parked.. which means they obviously werent too deep.. how about we talk about the ones who are buying rides or racing off dads deep pockets like cole whitt, dustin morgan, chris windom just to name a few.. but yes ill have to agree that dc drives way over his head 90 percent of the time and is one crazy mofo

8/21/08, 3:11 PM   #45
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUCKER D View Post
Most likely not he on the tnt tour
Didn't the TNT tour end last weekend?

8/21/08, 5:21 PM   #46
darlandfan

Yes, it did end Saturday night and I must say that I was less than impressed with Darons performance at Lakeside. Friday night he couldnt run fast enough to get out of his own way. I was disappointed knowing that he has been a real show stopper and then see him run that poorly.

8/21/08, 5:43 PM   #47
service manager

Just a little note Cole Whitt may have had some of his rides bought but i would put him in the top five of any indiana sprint car drivers thats for damn sure!! Have seen him many nights at Kokomo spank there ass night after night!! So before you go bashing the people that have $$$ just make sure you can back it up! Hell wouldnt we all love if our parents had the cash to go sprint car racing? I know i would for sure, but we are all not that lucky.So i tip my hat to the guys that go out and use there parents money and spank that ass each night! Oh ya before i forget how about Hunter! He has been the guy to beat here latley and at Kokomo i dont think there is a line he has not ran!

8/21/08, 6:04 PM   #48
sprintcarcrazy

yes hunter is the guy to beat and i know for a fact that he has earned every bit of what he has.. he came from a blue collar family that gave up everything they had to move to indy so hunter could race... i have more respect for him than i do for any other kid in usac just about.. i never said cole whitt wasnt a damn good driver but we werent talkin about who could drive... we were talkin about deep pockets and they definitely have them..

8/21/08, 9:54 PM   #49
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by service manager View Post
Just a little note Cole Whitt may have had some of his rides bought but i would put him in the top five of any indiana sprint car drivers thats for damn sure!! Have seen him many nights at Kokomo spank there ass night after night!! So before you go bashing the people that have $$$ just make sure you can back it up! Hell wouldnt we all love if our parents had the cash to go sprint car racing? I know i would for sure, but we are all not that lucky.So i tip my hat to the guys that go out and use there parents money and spank that ass each night! Oh ya before i forget how about Hunter! He has been the guy to beat here latley and at Kokomo i dont think there is a line he has not ran!
I'm not saying that Cole is not a good driver but one win is not "seen him many nights at Kokomo spank there ass night after night!! " He won there in May but thats it. Right now Hunter owns Kokomo.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

8/21/08, 9:55 PM   #50
Fisher79

The bottom line is this: It's not about whether or not these kids -- and yes, they are kids -- can drive a sprint car. Many of them have proven they can drive the piss out of these cars time and time again.

I think the sentiment is that some folks don't like to see people getting things handed to them. Did Cole Whitt have his wins handed to him? Hell no. But his and others' roads to that first win and the ones that followed were made easier by the chance to drive top-notch equipment right off the bat. Is it right or wrong? I have an opinion, but I always come back to two things: The racing is as good as I ever remember it being, and I still love it.

Is it like it was when my dad started, when he pieced together his first car over the course of more than a year for under $10,000, only to sell it and start all over when he was laid off? No, it's drastically different. But the sport is still here, and it's still better than anything else on a summer night.

It is what it is.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Question about Clayton