IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Off Topic. Andretti Autosport to NASCAR?
6/30/23, 6:09 PM   #1
Off Topic. Andretti Autosport to NASCAR?
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Looks like Michael has his eyes on eventually getting into NASCAR as well besides his F1 pursuit.

See a few articles on this the last few days so I decided to search online and see what up. Apparently there is something to it.

Here are a few articles I found in the last little bit.

Sports Business Journal
https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.co...rt-nascar.aspx

Sportsnaut
https://sportsnaut.com/michael-andre...up-series/amp/

Daily Down Force
https://dailydownforce.com/andretti-...ort-to-nascar/

1 member likes this post: DirtTrackTherapy16J
6/30/23, 6:15 PM   #2
Re: Off Topic. Andretti Autosport to NASCAR?
jdull99

outside of the Indy 500, I just don't have a great feeling about things in Indycar...Michael seems most worried about everything else...ratings aren't the best and some (not all of them) of the tracks have a lot of empty seats (yes, I know at the road courses they aren't really in seats, more hanging out wherever)...I hope it hangs on...the biggest thing I have against this nascar race in Chicago is my fear nascar starts taking the city street dates...yes, it would be great if indycar went back to ovals, but those are some of the events that aren't sellouts...time will tell...
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

3 members like this post: DirtTrackTherapy16J, dsc1600, nathans1012
6/30/23, 6:41 PM   #3
Vookie

Who cares!

1 member likes this post: The Old Coyote
6/30/23, 6:43 PM   #4
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vookie View Post
Who cares!
It's simple. Just don't reply to the post.

6/30/23, 6:50 PM   #5
Bostonian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdull99 View Post
outside of the Indy 500, I just don't have a great feeling about things in Indycar...Michael seems most worried about everything else...ratings aren't the best and some (not all of them) of the tracks have a lot of empty seats (yes, I know at the road courses they aren't really in seats, more hanging out wherever)...I hope it hangs on...the biggest thing I have against this nascar race in Chicago is my fear nascar starts taking the city street dates...yes, it would be great if indycar went back to ovals, but those are some of the events that aren't sellouts...time will tell...
The lack of tv commercials promoting Indycar races has been nonexistent here in MA. I can't tell you how many races I've missed completely or happened to stumble on after the race started because I had no idea that there was going to be a race. Not a good business model!

Why anyone would want to go to NASCAR at this time baffles me. It has to be a money grab for fielding a mid-pack program. Nascar does everything possible not to show the stands during races because there usually half-empty.

With the Andretti family's USAC background, I would think that it would be a better way to go.

3 members like this post: cowboyhar69, DirtTrackTherapy16J, nathans1012
6/30/23, 7:04 PM   #6
Vookie

This is Indiana Open Wheel not a NA$CAR site, again who cares, if you don't like what I said, don't respond. The street runs both ways.

7/1/23, 12:35 AM   #7
Grocery Guy

Race Count This Year: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vookie View Post
This is Indiana Open Wheel not a NA$CAR site, again who cares, if you don't like what I said, don't respond. The street runs both ways.
Lighten up Vookie. Didn't know you were the IOW sheriff or moderator. Most of us, except you, appreciate what Nathan posts. Last I knew Michael Andretti was involved in open wheel racing and was based in Indiana.
Last edited by Grocery Guy; 7/1/23 at 12:38 AM.

7/1/23, 8:49 AM   #8
Dale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian View Post
The lack of tv commercials promoting Indycar races has been nonexistent here in MA. I can't tell you how many races I've missed completely or happened to stumble on after the race started because I had no idea that there was going to be a race. Not a good business model!

Why anyone would want to go to NASCAR at this time baffles me. It has to be a money grab for fielding a mid-pack program. Nascar does everything possible not to show the stands during races because there usually half-empty.

With the Andretti family's USAC background, I would think that it would be a better way to go.
Nascar may be poised for a renaissance. It is working hard to bring in new fans whether you like the way it is doing that or not. Some sellouts are popping up, notably Phoenix and Gateway. It needs a main sponsor for cup to show progress though. It looks like Michael is trying to follow the Penske model.

2 members like this post: Bostonian, jdull99
7/1/23, 9:14 AM   #9
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Was hoping Jared would get the call, Not sure what they're up to, not seen him but once in a sprint in the last couple years.

2 members like this post: flagboy55, Ilovedirttrackracing
7/1/23, 9:19 AM   #10
DirtTrackTherapy16J

Excellent information and informative post Nathans1012. I always appreciate your up to date information and facts of racing as I'm sure many others on here do as well. Thank you for your time as always.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Off Topic. Andretti Autosport to NASCAR?