IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kyle Larson & Brad Sweet NEW HighLimits Sprint Car Series $$
7/14/22, 5:12 PM   #31
JMA1181

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtodirt View Post
I certainly hope so or we'll get 4 support classes and be there til early morning.
It’s always funny when people don’t use facts but just opinions based on no merit. There is one support class and it’s bombers. There’s already a schedule of events posted. I’d hate to have some background on a matter before throwing out unfounded comments…

1 member likes this post: Milly
7/14/22, 5:54 PM   #32
WingedFan2019

Race Count This Year: 9
Race Count Last Year: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
Higher speeds = better racing is the biggest fallacy in racing. That is absolutely not true. More side by side racing = better racing and that just doesnt happen as often in winged racing.
I see winged and non winged racing the same as Late Models and Modifieds, yeah modified (non winged racing) is good and all but the late models (winged) do the same thing but at higher speeds. As someone who’s gone to over 25 sprint shows this year (went to both winged and non winged) I’d say the winged racing was better for the most part. The majority would agree with me,

7/14/22, 6:00 PM   #33
addictedtodirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMA1181 View Post
It’s always funny when people don’t use facts but just opinions based on no merit. There is one support class and it’s bombers. There’s already a schedule of events posted. I’d hate to have some background on a matter before throwing out unfounded comments…
I thought it was funny too. Glad you liked it. Anyone who attends on the regular knows what a normal Saturday night is like there.

7/14/22, 6:28 PM   #34
Re: Kyle Larson & Brad Sweet NEW HighLimits Sprint Car Serie
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedFan2019 View Post
I see winged and non winged racing the same as Late Models and Modifieds, yeah modified (non winged racing) is good and all but the late models (winged) do the same thing but at higher speeds. As someone who’s gone to over 25 sprint shows this year (went to both winged and non winged) I’d say the winged racing was better for the most part. The majority would agree with me,
Your board name says it all. a little biased? I've been going to races for over 40 years. There have been some good winged races over that time but the vast majority of really good races ive seen have been non winged.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

7/14/22, 7:00 PM   #35
hoosier race fan

I could see this series going to tracks that the outlaws have refused to schedule, or tracks they have taken off their schedule due to pol itics. Mix in a few that are favorites of Kyle Larson and you have a 12 race series. Some will be leased by Kyle/FloRacing and others will be run by the track promoter. Mostly in the Midwest and Pennsylvania, but it will be interesting to see if they have a couple in California that Brad and Kyle have connections to (Silver Dollar). Maybe tracks like these:

Putnamville (2022)
Bubba Raceway
Grandview
Kokomo
Eldora (maybe 50k)
Wayne County
Fairbury
Lernerville (maybe 50k)
Lucas Oil Speedway (now that Flo is welcome there)

7/14/22, 8:23 PM   #36
captrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedFan2019 View Post
A respectful suggestion. You might want to distinguish between opinions and empirical evidence. Example, what is the majority you speak of and how large is that group. Reliable statistics require testing for reliability and validity. Unless of course you are just trolling, then science is replaced with individual bias.

3 members like this post: addictedtodirt, Hubie48, TQ29m
7/14/22, 8:28 PM   #37
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Already being called the World of Inlaws. Since Sweet's sister is Kyles Wife.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 7/15/22 at 9:08 AM.

4 members like this post: addictedtodirt, bart, chrismattlin, Hubie48
7/14/22, 9:47 PM   #38
Jonr

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosier race fan View Post
I could see this series going to tracks that the outlaws have refused to schedule, or tracks they have taken off their schedule due to pol itics. Mix in a few that are favorites of Kyle Larson and you have a 12 race series. Some will be leased by Kyle/FloRacing and others will be run by the track promoter. Mostly in the Midwest and Pennsylvania, but it will be interesting to see if they have a couple in California that Brad and Kyle have connections to (Silver Dollar). Maybe tracks like these:

Putnamville (2022)
Bubba Raceway
Grandview
Kokomo
Eldora (maybe 50k)
Wayne County
Fairbury
Lernerville (maybe 50k)
Lucas Oil Speedway (now that Flo is welcome there)
I think that proximity to a NASCAR race is also important. Lucas Oil Speedway around Kansas Speedway makes sense. Larson, Bowman, Bell, Briscoe gives you a strong base to build on. Add in the true outlaws, Rico, Brian Brown, Kolfold, a couple Knoxville and maybe one of the NOS cars and it is a show. With 12 shows you can be very strategic.

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
7/14/22, 10:04 PM   #39
JMA1181

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonr View Post
I think that proximity to a NASCAR race is also important. Lucas Oil Speedway around Kansas Speedway makes sense. Larson, Bowman, Bell, Briscoe gives you a strong base to build on. Add in the true outlaws, Rico, Brian Brown, Kolfold, a couple Knoxville and maybe one of the NOS cars and it is a show. With 12 shows you can be very strategic.
I think you are onto something here. Gives these guys an opportunity to go have some fun during the week and make some extra on top of it. Nothing better than getting paid to have fun.
Last edited by JMA1181; 7/14/22 at 10:06 PM.

7/15/22, 8:48 AM   #40
opnwhlmnd

I would think I-70 when NASCAR is at Kansas Speedway is a good fit. Kevin Gundaker of Tri-City Speedway in Granite City, IL is right down the street from Gateway and had USAC Midgets this year during NASCAR week. I can see him booking a show. Since Larson and Sweet already promote Silver Dollar Speedway you know there will be a race the week NASCAR is at Sonoma.

I found it interesting that Tony Stewart let them have their press conference at Eldora with the Eldora banner in the background. Tells me that the All-Stars will support some of the shows.

Chase Elliott with a wing?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kyle Larson & Brad Sweet NEW HighLimits Sprint Car Series $$