IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Congrats to J Grant and the #11 Team @ Knoxville
6/5/17, 12:16 PM   #1
Congrats to J Grant and the #11 Team @ Knoxville
Aces&Eights

Race Count This Year: 3

Just finished watching the Loudpedal video from Knoxville, great show. Congrats to Justin Grant and the #11 team on the victory, they clearly are in the groove and carrying momentum, keep it up. Justin was one of the first to welcome me into the IOW fraternity and has been helpful with information as well. Super guy.

Question: I think it was lap 2 restart that Sunshine had his big bike in turn 1, but soldiered on and kept his foot down.(I wouldn't have had the courage to do that for fear of a part failure.) Ok to the question, what happened when he caught the car in turn 2 that made him suddenly hippidy-hop and roll so violently? At first, I assumed from rewatching it over several times that something broke on RF, presumably from damage from bike and contact with the wall. However, on restart or next lap Dave Darland experienced the same hippidy-hop at the same point, but was able to keep from flipping and just stalled the car. What was happening that they both experienced this issue in the same spot? I'm still learning so I don't know if this is just part of the dynamics of sprints or was it something to do with the track? Yeah, that was long, but I wanted to be clear.

2 members like this post: CCI, mike mcghee
6/6/17, 9:47 AM   #2
Re: Congrats to J Grant and the #11 Team @ Knoxville
spot1

Race Count This Year: 45

To me, and I was standing by the inside wall at the exit of turn one and entrance of turn two, it looked like Courtney slammed the cushion and went for a hell of a ride from there. For Darland, he simply got over the cushion and hopped it a couple of times. The cushion was pretty tall right there.

6/6/17, 11:37 AM   #3
Re: Congrats to J Grant and the #11 Team @ Knoxville
Aces&Eights

Race Count This Year: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by spot1 View Post
To me, and I was standing by the inside wall at the exit of turn one and entrance of turn two, it looked like Courtney slammed the cushion and went for a hell of a ride from there. For Darland, he simply got over the cushion and hopped it a couple of times. The cushion was pretty tall right there.
Ah, the height of the cushion was hard to judge on line.
Thanks.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Congrats to J Grant and the #11 Team @ Knoxville