IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Baer Field (IN). NEW 1/4 MILE DIRT TRACK - 2017 Schedule
2/9/17, 4:39 AM   #11
flagboy55

Since this turned into a thread about ticket prices, I'll just say this. At least in my world, quality always wins. If I pay 5 more dollars to see a good show at a track that tries, as opposed to a track that doesn't put out the effort to make the show efficient and entertaining, why even pay 10 bucks. The only variable is travel time, after all, time is money. Someone on this thread mentioned Baer Field might bring out some fans who have hibernated due to no race's close by. I think that's a sound theory, and I hope that helps them succeed. I must say it's a wonderful thing to only drive 20 minutes to the track. Those of you who live that close to Kokomo should count your blessings!

1 member likes this post: fish
2/9/17, 7:50 AM   #12
Re: Baer Field (IN). NEW 1/4 MILE DIRT TRACK - 2017 Schedule
Sprintcarfanatic

Would help a whole lot if those were co-sanctioned events with SOD & MTS. Thought about going over there myself until I seen the admission prices. Still might just depends on what is going on closer to home.

What were SOD's average car counts last year ?

2/9/17, 10:05 AM   #13
MIracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprintcarfanatic View Post
Would help a whole lot if those were co-sanctioned events with SOD & MTS. Thought about going over there myself until I seen the admission prices. Still might just depends on what is going on closer to home.

What were SOD's average car counts last year ?
Based on a post in hoseheads awhile ago SoD average count was right about 21 last year. They had 7 races with less than 24 and I don't think they had any over 30.

I am guess but I think counts will be up this year for SoD. Drivers got to see that the tires really did level the field and I think more teams will invest from the start. Especially since GLSS expanded and Michigan teams don't tend to travel as much.

2/11/17, 10:45 AM   #14
griffithracing

Talked to Dave at Baerfield this morning. The schedule is a typo in general admission prices.
Regular shows are $ 12.00 general and $25 pits

special shows $20 and $30

He is putting a lot of effort into this and I think everyone should appreciate it. If you have any questions feel free to call Dave or myself.

Bill 419-408-5007
Dave 2606684912

2 members like this post: davidm, PIT CART
2/12/17, 9:03 AM   #15
Re: Baer Field (IN). NEW 1/4 MILE DIRT TRACK - 2017 Schedule
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffithracing View Post
Talked to Dave at Baerfield this morning. The schedule is a typo in general admission prices.
Regular shows are $ 12.00 general and $25 pits
Wow. That is one HUUUUUUUGE mistake.

Absolutely amazing... However, no one on this end will can be discouraged now.

Thanks for the clarifying information, g.

2/12/17, 1:15 PM   #16
racer-x

We went to the World of Wheels at the State Fairgrounds in Indy yesterday and the admition price was $18. Only stayed about 2 hours and thought it was worth the price.

I think some on this board should spend a little more time "workin" instead of moaning on social media about ticket prices.

4 members like this post: nathans1012, PIT CART, Stine388, TCR57
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Baer Field (IN). NEW 1/4 MILE DIRT TRACK - 2017 Schedule