IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > The Facts on the Budweiser Oval Nationals
11/13/15, 3:28 PM   #21
Re: The Facts on the Budweiser Oval Nationals
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc/rider View Post
If you would've took me with you you would've felt better about using the hov lane
True dat.... were you the guy with Perris T-shirt also at LAX?
Next time, Ontario airport fo sho!
How is traffic from San Diego?

11/13/15, 3:51 PM   #22
TC

We flew into Ontario and are staying in Moreno valley. It is a very easy drive from the airport and to the racetrack. We also were advised by some locals to drive between 10-11 and return by about 2:30 and we would avoid most traffic. That has worked well for us as we've been to LA and San Diego and haven't experienced much traffic.

11/13/15, 3:55 PM   #23
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC View Post
We flew into Ontario and are staying in Moreno valley. It is a very easy drive from the airport and to the racetrack. We also were advised by some locals to drive between 10-11 and return by about 2:30 and we would avoid most traffic. That has worked well for us as we've been to LA and San Diego and haven't experienced much traffic.
smart move....

11/13/15, 3:56 PM   #24
revjimk

Quote:
Where do you live?

11/13/15, 4:03 PM   #25
TC

Quote:
Originally Posted by revjimk View Post
Where do you live?
Indiana

11/13/15, 8:02 PM   #26
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

Quote:
True dat.... were you the guy with Perris T-shirt also at LAX?
Next time, Ontario airport fo sho!
How is traffic from San Diego?
No,Im one of many still in Hoosierville wishing I was at Perris

11/13/15, 8:03 PM   #27
revjimk

Quote:
Indiana
After 2 trips to Kokomo Smackdown, I'm starting to like Indiana more & more. Figured out I could swim laps & shoot hoops at Kokomo Y, & found a great country radio station that played strictly old stuff, none of the modern pseudo rock "country"... but I could never find that station again on my last trip thru... do you know the one I'm talking about?

1 member likes this post: racegal
11/13/15, 8:04 PM   #28
revjimk

Quote:
After 2 trips to Kokomo Smackdown, I'm starting to like Indiana more & more. Figured out I could swim laps & shoot hoops at Kokomo Y, & found a great country radio station that played strictly old stuff, none of the modern pseudo rock "country"... but I could never find that station again on my last trip thru... do you know the one I'm talking about?
or should I say "pseudo country" rock?

11/13/15, 8:53 PM   #29
TC

Quote:
or should I say "pseudo country" rock?
Sadly I do not know of one in northern indiana but if you were in the southern part I would guess the bullet 106.5

11/15/15, 2:57 PM   #30
revjimk

Well despite hellish drive from LAX, I'm really glad I went to Oval Nats. Thurs. A Main was the best, but hard to get in the mood, trying to decompress from stressful 3 1/2 hr. drive. Rest of the weekend was fun, enhanced by Sat. drive thru scenic Cleveland (?) State National Forest to visit my sweet cousin in San Juan Capistrano. Met lots of cool people, great racing

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > The Facts on the Budweiser Oval Nationals