IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
bullringko (Offline)
  #1 5/12/08 9:00 AM
To all,

Thinking about the upcoming Little 500 at Anderson Speedway, I have posted on a separate page at Hosehead's Sprint Car Photos and News the text from a three and a half hour interview with eight-time Little 500 champ Eric Gordon. Speaking honestly and without filter, it's a very fascinating story that covers the last twenty years of USAC and short-track open wheeled racing.

A word of warning - this is a VERY long piece that may require more than one sitting to digest. However, it will remain posted for at least the next month so you can read it at your leisure.

Listed below is the direct link to the interview.

http://www.hoseheads.com/ko2.html

Thanks again for everyone's support,
Kevin Oldham
observing
  #2 5/12/08 11:15 AM
:thumbThis should be required reading for any and all true open-wheel race fans. PERIOD
Seadog (Offline)
  #3 5/12/08 11:31 AM
Originally Posted by bullringko:
To all,

Thinking about the upcoming Little 500 at Anderson Speedway, I have posted on a separate page at Hosehead's Sprint Car Photos and News the text from a three and a half hour interview with eight-time Little 500 champ Eric Gordon. Speaking honestly and without filter, it's a very fascinating story that covers the last twenty years of USAC and short-track open wheeled racing.

A word of warning - this is a VERY long piece that may require more than one sitting to digest. However, it will remain posted for at least the next month so you can read it at your leisure.

Listed below is the direct link to the interview.

http://www.hoseheads.com/ko2.html

Thanks again for everyone's support,
Kevin Oldham
Thanks for a great interview with Eric. I really enjoyed it.

THAT is what I call a REAL race car driver.
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #4 5/12/08 4:52 PM
Good stuff.
Knoke77 (Offline)
  #5 5/13/08 2:05 PM
Absolutely awesome interview KO! I had the pleasure of racing against Eric when he drove for Greg Stabb at the Burg in 1998. I remember every week going to the track knowing that he was going to be the guy to beat and he would race you clean regardless of what position you where fighting for.

READ THIS INTERVIEW PEOPLE!
jjones776 (Offline)
  #6 5/13/08 5:03 PM
good one ko! very enjoyable. :thumb
dirtyd6305 (Offline)
  #7 5/13/08 5:47 PM
eh I have seen and read better....its nothing that Tommy Brolzma couldn't have written....bring me back the good ol days of the "View from the Stands"
Brolzy (Offline)
  #8 5/14/08 8:36 AM
Originally Posted by dirtyd6305:
eh I have seen and read better....its nothing that Tommy Brolsma couldn't have written....bring me back the good ol days of the "View from the Stands"
First, I appreciate the compliment, but I was (and still am) terrible at interviews. This work by KO is phenomenal (as is all of his work)…I couldn’t stop reading it, myself. The homework that when into this interview is just impressive.

KO, fantastic job!! This is some of your best stuff.

"View from the Stands" isn't coming back...I'm too busy with the family, job, and garra-fans.com.
Tripcrwn
  #9 5/14/08 9:07 AM
Can't wait for the read. KO, without a doubt, is the very best auto racing writer around. Period. Nuff said. :greenflag:
dirtyd6305 (Offline)
  #10 5/14/08 12:03 PM
oh brolzy....still one of the funniest things I have ever heard is when you came to bloomington for the first time and told us the coolest thing about the track was that you could see the track from the concession stand line hahahaha