IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > AVSS/HOSS/MUST SEE scene, changes?
2/9/13, 12:56 PM   #11
Re: AVSS/HOSS/MUST SEE scene, changes?
zerospeed

I looked at their rules for MSXRSS....it's 100lb weight break actually. There ya go, slap one together and give it hell. I am building a small block supermodifed, it gets a 200lb weight break which should be pretty significant. Actually....try putting together an sb2 if you can still make the weight break.
Last edited by zerospeed; 2/9/13 at 12:59 PM.

2/10/13, 1:08 PM   #12
zeke1jbd

Nerffan, correct me if I am wrong, but are you testing the waters for a new "limited" series. It sounds like you are trying to get feedback from people interested in starting maybe a support series for one of these groups.

2/10/13, 9:17 PM   #13
donwilshe

OK.. Here is an answer.

99% of the 360 cars that got 150 pound weight break with driver could not make the 1450 lbs.
100% of the cars could not make a 200 pound weight break. The asphalt car is just alot heavier
to start with than a dirt car!

D
Last edited by donwilshe; 2/10/13 at 9:19 PM.

2/11/13, 7:42 AM   #14
snoopy

1 car, 1 engine! Why do I want to hit Winchester against a team that has 4 cars, 6 engines, 13 new tires. Must see did the same thing USAC did. You need to buy all different tires. Even if they were the same I could not afford the Extra $2,000 to get new. Back to the original post, how many pavement cars are just parked?

2/11/13, 12:40 PM   #15
R.Drang

Hardest tires available, no wings. And increase the payout for anyone using a dirt car or steel block

Posted via Mobile Device
Last edited by R.Drang; 2/11/13 at 12:41 PM.

2/11/13, 8:30 PM   #16
50mcrewguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy View Post
1 car, 1 engine! Why do I want to hit Winchester against a team that has 4 cars, 6 engines, 13 new tires. Must see did the same thing USAC did. You need to buy all different tires. Even if they were the same I could not afford the Extra $2,000 to get new. Back to the original post, how many pavement cars are just parked?
You don't need to spend $2,000 for tires. You could get 5 tires for less than $1,000. Maybe get someones take offs from the prior week. FYI - The track record that was set at Bristol in 2011 (152 mph) was on a right rear that had two practices and a heat race from Winchester earlier in the year and a least 3 practices at Bristol! Oh, by the way, we also won the feature on that tire! And we used it in 2012 for a couple of practices and heat races too.

1 member likes this post: 767
2/11/13, 8:31 PM   #17
50mcrewguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50mcrewguy View Post
You don't need to spend $2,000 for tires. You could get 5 tires for less than $1,000. Maybe get someones take offs from the prior week. FYI - The track record that was set at Bristol in 2011 (152 mph) was on a right rear that had two practices and a heat race from Winchester earlier in the year and a least 3 practices at Bristol! Oh, by the way, we also won the feature on that tire! And we used it in 2012 for a couple of practices and heat races too.
Oh this too, we only have one car and one engine.

2 members like this post: 767, schwarzracen27
2/11/13, 11:39 PM   #18
nerffan

I think Must See is a good series with their tires and how much they pay. I just don't think some sprint car teams can even compete with the huge motors on the big tracks. I think they should offer a REAL weight break for smaller motors, that teams could actually make. Why not bump the weight for the big motors higher, so the small motors can actually make the weight break?

2/12/13, 7:45 AM   #19
snoopy

I respect what the 50 has done, and if I had your program I might feel differently. My point is why buy both tires. With a job the Must see schedule would be difficult. From where I am many AVSS Friday shows will not work out. Heck $1,000 is about my years budget. LOL

2/12/13, 11:37 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerffan View Post
I think Must See is a good series with their tires and how much they pay. I just don't think some sprint car teams can even compete with the huge motors on the big tracks. I think they should offer a REAL weight break for smaller motors, that teams could actually make. Why not bump the weight for the big motors higher, so the small motors can actually make the weight break?
Fact is, it does not matter what you do, the money game will never leave. You can make it a 500lb difference. What are the money teams going to do, they are going to go turn a small motor into a big one. I really get tired of seeing people say little teams and big track don't work because of money. My uncle started taking me to Winchester in the early 90's. We always showed up hoping to see 20 cars. I remember seeing several usac races there with less than 20 cars. Go to Anderson, there would be 30 to 40 cars. It was a fact then, and it is a fact now, several guys won't race a track like Winchester. The 50 team is one of my favorites. Anytime they show up, they are threat to win. How old is that car?

2 members like this post: ASPHALT24, schwarzracen27
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > AVSS/HOSS/MUST SEE scene, changes?