IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > The rumors were true!!!!!!!!!!!
10/19/12, 11:17 PM   #51
groove grabber

I forsee the teams who spent good money this season on the full engine conversions to continue to utilize Ignite for the possible benefit of the increased purse. Those teams are for the most part,this seasons winner's and will see that 2500-5000 come with just a bit less competition. Lap times throughout the season were very comparable so dont expect a runaway with methanol. The smaller teams are again pretty much allowed a larger window to run their engines at optimum fuel curves while the large teams had the resources from the beginning to run at optimum with ignite. Hope everyone can get back to having fun,its added some excitement to our team once again

Shane Cockrum

Posted via Mobile Device

10/20/12, 8:25 AM   #52
Re: The rumors were true!!!!!!!!!!!
Sprintcarfanatic

Dad, You should have told him Jr. Johnson told ya so.

1 member likes this post: DAD
10/20/12, 10:39 AM   #53
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprintcarfanatic View Post
Dad, You should have told him Jr. Johnson told ya so.

I guess you might say Old Jr. was an expert in the fields of Ethanol production and distribution. But I do not believe it was in the field of renewable motor fuels.

Honest Dad himself

10/20/12, 3:18 PM   #54
onthegas7j

Race Count This Year: 48
Race Count Last Year: 31

I think they should go to a 410 engine formula to be honest... Pull the sprint car teams up

10/20/12, 3:47 PM   #55
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthegas7j View Post
I think they should go to a 410 engine formula to be honest... Pull the sprint car teams up
It would be less expensive or better yet open the rules up a little bit and get some people thinking about the best way to get the desired results.

I love rules if they don't require more than 2 pages to print them on. USAC's rules look more like the first draft of the "affordable care act". By the time you get to the last page you forgot what was on the first page. We shouldn't need lawyers on our teams to interrupt the rules for us vis-a-vis Levi and Tony.

Honest Dad himself

10/20/12, 5:35 PM   #56
sprntr

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthegas7j View Post
What, 175 mph at the end of the straights at Gateway not fast enough for you?

steiny

10/21/12, 9:44 AM   #57
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprntr View Post
What, 175 mph at the end of the straights at Gateway not fast enough for you?

steiny
You know 175 is pretty darned fast. Now was that on the front straight or in one of the short shoots.

To really grow the Silver Crown or Champ Cars need to be the destination and not just a stop in the jurney. Indy cars and silver crown cars are two different vehicles. Why not morp the Silver Crown car into the fastest front engine race car in racing. Require steel tube frames and a full open wheel design, Keep the super trick aero out of the formula and hopefully the ISO 9001 companys. Put 33 of these things on the Indy track for a 100 mile race just before the 500 mile race and see what happens, the crowd is already there.

To drive one of these things at Indy you would have to be one of the best of the best, 15 year old kids and dads need not apply. If there are any Honest to God back yard builders still out there this would be their race and the end of their jurney as it was 50 years ago.

Honest Dad himself

10/21/12, 1:06 PM   #58
sprntr

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAD View Post
You know 175 is pretty darned fast. Now was that on the front straight or in one of the short shoots.

Honest Dad himself
Doe it really matter???

steiny

10/22/12, 8:32 AM   #59
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprntr View Post
Doe it really matter???

steiny

I think what you are saying is how long do you have to be on "Life Support" until someone pulls the plug. Our Silver Crown best days are behind us.

Honest Dad himself

I think that this post might also be on life support it don't seem to get to the top anymore, but thanks for getting me back my thumbs

10/24/12, 6:46 PM   #60
racing in indy
Inactive Member

Ignite has been a trying to build a strong partnership with all the silver crown teams. A fact is ethanol burns at the same temperature as methanol. What everyone made a mistake on is understand how poor the cooling systems in the cars are. Mechanical injection was tougher to adjust versus carbs and electronic fuel injection. We tried working with the teams. Indycar has no problems with the fuel nascar has no problems with the fuel. look at the benefits of ignite it burns 40-48% less fuel less weight in the cars. Engines are designed around the fuel which has made it tougher for these guys to convert over. ignite you can see the flame so its a safer fuel for the drivers, pit crews & safety people. My last point what are racers going to do when Methanol is banned as an additive into fuel. Methanol causes cancer asthma burns your eyes and is not safe period. Ignite is biodegradable the government is starting to crack down on track for pollution and is starting to fine them. Ethanol is alcohol its biodegrable. So what is the industry going to use in 2 years when methanol is banned?? I am not a green person but the writing is on the wall. The US is one of a few countries that allow methanol to be burned thats why it is so cheap no one else is allowed to use it. just some points more to the story

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > The rumors were true!!!!!!!!!!!