IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Levi Jones "tweet" today
8/28/12, 8:45 PM   #11
ChadSmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by DunaganRacing View Post
Heard Tony parked the midgets for the season, think he would park the sprint team to? I doubt it but he did comment today about needing to concentrate on the chase. Levi's points stay with him so he wouldn't quit. He would be in his own car or another car.

Posted via Mobile Device
Doug,
Obviously there is little to no midget racing in Indiana, so I really don't know much about the midget series, but who drives TSR's midgets? For some reason, I can't recall him having an active midget team. How ya doing buddy??!!

Posted via Mobile Device

8/28/12, 9:05 PM   #12
DunaganRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadSmith View Post
Doug,
Obviously there is little to no midget racing in Indiana, so I really don't know much about the midget series, but who drives TSR's midgets? For some reason, I can't recall him having an active midget team. How ya doing buddy??!!

Posted via Mobile Device
I'm doing good man, shops busy as ever! I think Bobby East was driving a midget for him.

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: ChadSmith
8/28/12, 9:09 PM   #13
Re: Levi Jones "tweet" today
c47

i watched the video of saturdays race and wasnt going to say anything but if levi did say he went after jon for "running him high", how could he justify running gardner high enough that gardner had to brake and tun down to keep from going in the 4th turn wall, at which time the 69 and 14 had no where to go and all three ended up in a pile.
so its ok for levi to run someone high but just dont do it to him?
honestly, i didnt have a lot of respect for him before this and i have a lot less now.
(ps.....jon should have grabbed that finger and broke it)

8/28/12, 9:45 PM   #14
38DD

Quote:
Around 2 hours ago, I noticed Levi Jones (@levijones20) sent a tweet out to USAC (@USAClive) that read as follows; "2012 was fun! @USAClive"
In my opinion, and everyone has their own, this sounds like he is saying he is done racing for the year with USAC. I'm not making assumptions, so that's why I'm asking everyone. What is your take on this "comment"? We have already heard everyone's side of things on the other thread about the wreck, so no reason to repeat it. I was there, sitting about 6 rows up near turn 1 in the main grandstands. Everything happened right in front of me, so no need to explain. I'm just asking for everyone's opinion on this tweet and if anyone has heard anything. Thanks!!!!! Hope the rain holds off for THAT on Saturday!!!

Chad Smith

Posted via Mobile Device
Why dont you give it a rest. Move forward expert!

1 member likes this post: Sawdust101
8/28/12, 9:57 PM   #15
ChadSmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by 38DD View Post
Why dont you give it a rest. Move forward expert!
Expert? Why are you even reading this thread if you have moved forward? Exactly. This happened TODAY, not last weekend. Since you've move forward, you wont read this but figured I would defend myself over the "expert" comment.

Posted via Mobile Device

8/28/12, 9:59 PM   #16
AP64

Levi has a sense of humor, and probably did it just to stir the pot. I would be surprised if he was done for the year.

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: duel
8/28/12, 10:02 PM   #17
38DD

Quote:
Expert? Why are you even reading this thread if you have moved forward? Exactly. This happened TODAY, not last weekend. Since you've move forward, you wont read this but figured I would defend myself over the "expert" comment.

Posted via Mobile Device
Guess you dont know who I Am, but you may soon. Not who you think, just a fan, but a loyal fan. Karmas a bitioch eh?
Last edited by 38DD; 8/28/12 at 10:06 PM.

8/28/12, 10:49 PM   #18
Johnhunt

Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by DunaganRacing View Post
I'm doing good man, shops busy as ever! I think Bobby East was driving a midget for him.

Posted via Mobile Device
East drives TSR's other Silver Crown Car. In the last few years TSR has gone from a 2 midget, 2 sprint, and 2 SC team to a 1 sprint and 2 SC team. To my knowledge they haven't had a midget out all season.

8/28/12, 11:10 PM   #19
ChadSmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruts n guts View Post
East drives TSR's other Silver Crown Car. In the last few years TSR has gone from a 2 midget, 2 sprint, and 2 SC team to a 1 sprint and 2 SC team. To my knowledge they haven't had a midget out all season.
Not here to argue but he has more than 1 sprint car team. Levi Jones is a team, along with Steve Kinser's team and Donny Schatz's team. I think you're correct about the midget.

Posted via Mobile Device

8/28/12, 11:26 PM   #20
Johnhunt

Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Not here to argue but he has more than 1 sprint car team. Levi Jones is a team, along with Steve Kinser's team and Donny Schatz's team. I think you're correct about the midget.

Posted via Mobile Device
Talking about his USAC teams. But yes, winged sprint cars are sprint cars.

Posted via Mobile Device

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Levi Jones "tweet" today