IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Clay County Speedway results 8-18
8/20/12, 11:52 AM   #11
Re: Clay County Speedway results 8-18
racenut69

Keep up the good work,Kevin...

1 member likes this post: 767
8/20/12, 12:01 PM   #12
KDM

I agree the track does have potential, but get some water in it so we can race, it was a cool summer night, not 100+ degrees. If its hot its understandable for there to be no moisture but not on days like saturday. Moisture will help build a cushion which in return would lead to a great show for the fans.

Posted via Mobile Device

8/20/12, 6:44 PM   #13
lovindirt

What happened to the Gentry car. Still messed up from the chashes at Paragon. Or was the bullseye still on it. LOL!

8/20/12, 6:54 PM   #14
mscs20

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovindirt View Post
What happened to the Gentry car. Still messed up from the chashes at Paragon. Or was the bullseye still on it. LOL!
He broke a valve rocker during the yellow flag of his heat race.

Posted via Mobile Device

8/20/12, 8:35 PM   #15
lovindirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscs20 View Post
He broke a valve rocker during the yellow flag of his heat race.

Posted via Mobile Device
Thank you man.

8/21/12, 9:24 AM   #16
racenut69

The spring outside of Turn 1 is prolly dried up,which means they have to truck-in water for the track.He started the season with one beat-up road grader,an old Case tractor and a beat-up water truck,now he has 3 green tractors (borrowed)to work the track just like Tri-State. Also,all the help he has is volunteers so I say they are doing a great job.Going in to the season,who would've thought that we would've had a drought this bad...I wonder how many miles he has put on his vehicle driving back and forth from Chandler races on Friday to Flora on Saturday??? I'm hoping he can get a Summernationals and Summit Series date in 2013.Be patient folks,it will get better. The most affordable family fun at any track that I know of...

2 members like this post: cfdrescue1, Motormasher
8/21/12, 10:02 AM   #17
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by racenut69 View Post
The spring outside of Turn 1 is prolly dried up,which means they have to truck-in water for the track.He started the season with one beat-up road grader,an old Case tractor and a beat-up water truck,now he has 3 green tractors (borrowed)to work the track just like Tri-State. Also,all the help he has is volunteers so I say they are doing a great job.Going in to the season,who would've thought that we would've had a drought this bad...I wonder how many miles he has put on his vehicle driving back and forth from Chandler races on Friday to Flora on Saturday??? I'm hoping he can get a Summernationals and Summit Series date in 2013.Be patient folks,it will get better. The most affordable family fun at any track that I know of...
Did not realize that he was running Chandler also.........I would say he is a very busy man.

8/21/12, 2:26 PM   #18
17B

Quote:
Originally Posted by racenut69 View Post
Now wait a minute, they get some good food LOL!
If it was not for people doing what they can, for a sport they love with little pay it would be very hard to make any track run, just like I do over here in IN help for little in exchange.
Great group of guys doing what they love to do!
Gotta love the big green things that go around the track, he (tractor owner) told me I need to get in one and run it, so I rode around in one about a month ago in the heat, and must say, now I know why the guys preparing the track just keeps driving around, WOW, what nice equipment, A/C smooth ride and all, now they want a water truck that has A/C..........
Ya had to buy a grader after the other one gave up on us.
What a shame, but here again thanks and yes 99 miles from my drive to track, but loving every minute of it, so my wife says!
She keeps reminding me behind a every good man is a great woman, and I for one must say she is right this time, she is the blonde haired, blue eyed one in the concessions if you have not had a chance to meet her!
Looking to bigger and better things for 2013!
Kevin. always open for ideas, Bayer 812-630-3989
Last edited by 17B; 8/21/12 at 2:31 PM.

5 members like this post: 767, cfdrescue1, luckybuc97, mscs20, racenut69
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Clay County Speedway results 8-18