Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC LOR updates
7/27/12, 8:52 AM   #41
Re: USAC LOR updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
Cra feature running last so time limit is a moot point

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2
Might have ended up being a moot point, but it kept several at home.
Glad everyone made it through the wreck. Congrats to Hines and Santos.

7/27/12, 9:18 AM   #42
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

An extremely long evening. I enjoy watching all types of racing and I stayed to the very end. With that being said I have a couple of questions that just don't make any sense to me.

#1-Why would USAC pit all of the open wheel cars outside of the track when they only had 40 total cars (18 SC & 22 Midgets)? The time it took to take all of the pit equipment back and forth every time was extreme. #2-I couldn't believe that an organization that prides itself on safety would allow 5 people to crowd into the flagstand at the start of the SC race WITHOUT EYE PROTECTION! Have they lost their minds? #3-How can you start an hour late when you have control of the track and know well in advance that you have a big program to run?

Sorry to say that your next generation of fans were asleep and being carried out by their parents. They planned on attending an event not a marathon. Does this administration have any clue as to how to run an event? The last question really needs no answer. The last race ended at 12:30 AM which I am sure is well past some folks bedtime on a week night.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

6 members like this post: dkdorkboy, EBookerFan, Eric C, IndyBound, mowerman, racefan20
7/27/12, 9:54 AM   #43
cmakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by markmckeon View Post
Am I the only one who lost the audio on the pay-per-view?
Does one get a refund if there are problems with the Pay Per View live feed? I don't complain about problems with free live feeds since they are, well, free. If I am paying for one, then I expect to get a trouble free show. That is probably why I generally shy away from Pay Per View events over the internet.

7/27/12, 12:56 PM   #44
Honest-Sam

[QUOTE=Mud Packer;293662]
#1-Why would USAC pit all of the open wheel cars outside of the track when they only had 40 total cars (18 SC & 22 Midgets)? The time it took to take all of the pit equipment back and forth every time was extreme. QUOTE]

They said that we were all pitting outside so that we could "hole up" in our trailers in the event of a nasty storm. Pretty sure that the intent was safety etc. for the 8 hours that the teams were there prior to the advertised start time. After getting soaked a time or two at various venues over the years, coupled with lightening and nowhere to hide in the infield, it was kinda comforting to know that there was indeed a place to take shelter. I always assumed that when nasty weather strikes after the fans are on site, that they seek refuge in their cars. Is that the case?

7/27/12, 1:09 PM   #45
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

[quote=Honest-Sam;293689]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Packer View Post
#1-Why would USAC pit all of the open wheel cars outside of the track when they only had 40 total cars (18 SC & 22 Midgets)? The time it took to take all of the pit equipment back and forth every time was extreme. QUOTE]

They said that we were all pitting outside so that we could "hole up" in our trailers in the event of a nasty storm. Pretty sure that the intent was safety etc. for the 8 hours that the teams were there prior to the advertised start time. After getting soaked a time or two at various venues over the years, coupled with lightening and nowhere to hide in the infield, it was kinda comforting to know that there was indeed a place to take shelter. I always assumed that when nasty weather strikes after the fans are on site, that they seek refuge in their cars. Is that the case?
Sam thanks for the response. I certainly hope that a nasty storm never hits and you guys are "holed up" in your trailers. Fans going to their cars also provides little protection when violent weather hits. If that is USAC's safety plan, God help us all.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

1 member likes this post: mowerman
7/27/12, 2:03 PM   #46
Honest-Sam

You're welcome Mike. Admittedly, cars and trailers don't make for much of a hiding place from REALLY SERIOUS weather such as a tornado etc., but for hard rain and the like, it's way better than trying to share a corner of a tarp with the racecar

I once got so soaked at Salem (as did everyone else) that the money in my wallet was wet.

1 member likes this post: Mud Packer
7/27/12, 2:31 PM   #47
calistoga
Banned

Quote:
An extremely long evening. I enjoy watching all types of racing and I stayed to the very end. With that being said I have a couple of questions that just don't make any sense to me. #1-Why would USAC pit all of the open wheel cars outside of the track when they only had 40 total cars (18 SC & 22 Midgets)? The time it took to take all of the pit equipment back and forth every time was extreme. #2-I couldn't believe that an organization that prides itself on safety would allow 5 people to crowd into the flagstand at the start of the SC race WITHOUT EYE PROTECTION! Have they lost their minds? #3-How can you start an hour late when you have control of the track and know well in advance that you have a big program to run?
Sorry to say that your next generation of fans were asleep and being carried out by their parents. They planned on attending an event not a marathon. Does this administration have any clue as to how to run an event? The last question really needs no answer. The last race ended at 12:30 AM which I am sure is well past some folks bedtime on a week night.
Posted via Mobile Device

---------- Post added at 1:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 1:22 PM ----------

Is that all you do, whine and complain?

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: monkeyboy
7/27/12, 2:50 PM   #48

[quote=Honest-Sam;293689]
Quote:

That was actually a really good idea.

7/27/12, 2:50 PM   #49
Drtchsr

Race Count This Year: 34
Race Count Last Year: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by calistoga View Post
Posted via Mobile Device

---------- Post added at 1:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 1:22 PM ----------

Is that all you do, whine and complain?

Posted via Mobile Device
I didn't think of it as complaining, sounded pretty factual to me. What is you problem? Dave

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: koolaid89
7/27/12, 3:53 PM   #50
coondog

The reason the program started late was due to a problem with the back gate. It wouldn't close properly and from what I understand they had to do some welding on it.

Posted via Mobile Device

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC LOR updates