IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gas City updates?
4/28/12, 1:48 AM   #21
Re: Gas City updates?
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscs20 View Post
Clauson tweeted that the track surface was worse than North Vernon, or something to that effect. Hard to believe.
Don't seem to matter what the tracks like, I always seem to leave there scratching my head if I seen a good race or not.

Highlight of night to me was 19 cars topping track record. Guess the highlight of the feature was the racing for 18th and not the win.

Congrats Hunter!

Chuck, Not trying to be critical, They say theres great racing there. But of the twelve times I've been, Only the Midget week race Cottle won is the only one that sticks out and that was three or four years ago.

P.S. i didn't think the track was bad at feature time. What confused me was they were kicking up all kinds of moist dirt off the bottom after about lap five and NOBODY RAN THE MIDDLE it was either huggy pole or full bore on the rim. Wheres Pletch when you need him?

4/28/12, 6:14 AM   #22
Stagger

That was the worst track I have seen in a long time. Track was junk.
There was no grip from the bottom to the top. What a wasted night.
Never worked the track all night. I don't know who made that call but it was not the right one. You could see it coming. Track was a feature track for qualifying and it went down hill from there.
I have never seen a track so bad that it would not even take rubber.
Jiggs should have been at the gate handing back our money.

1 member likes this post: tq11
4/28/12, 6:38 AM   #23
lovindirt

Now how the heck you have a junk track and have 19 cars top track record. I didnt go but now Im lost that makes no sense at all. Sounds smooth and fast. But what do I know I only love dirt track nd slicker the better. LOL.

4/28/12, 7:22 AM   #24
ossuks

As i have said in every post I have ever made about Gas City, worst racing surface in the U.S. on USAC night! I didn,t go last night, and will not go sprint week, Gas City gets a 0 on a scale of 1-10 for comfort and track prep!!

4/28/12, 7:25 AM   #25
Stagger

You did not miss much. Sure dry slick can be great with a little rubber down but that was a sad excuse of a track.
I have seen GC do that before. Look great early and go to sh*t from there. I did not see one happy fan leave that joint last night.
I love GC but that was something I hope I never see again.

4/28/12, 8:14 AM   #26
Dyno Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
You did not miss much. Sure dry slick can be great with a little rubber down but that was a sad excuse of a track.
I have seen GC do that before. Look great early and go to sh*t from there. I did not see one happy fan leave that joint last night.
I love GC but that was something I hope I never see again.
Do you think it might be in bad shape because they run too many classes?

4/28/12, 8:54 AM   #27
PAW

The heats and B-main weren't bad.The A-main sucked,so did the $25 to get in.!!!!!!

4/28/12, 9:23 AM   #28
Eatin Dirt

Bright spot last night, I went to a Sprint Car race. Bad side of the night, getting there after Quals. because I got home from work late. Hard to believe the track could be so good then turn into what it was come feature time. I told my friend after the 1st heat that I hope it didn't turn into a huggy pole, well guess what, that is exactly what happened. I also couldn't believe they didn't rework the track. I have been there many times when the track looked better than it did last night and it was reworked. I figure there are two thoughts on reworking the track, 1) USAC didn't want them to 2) maybe they thought rain was on the way?????? At least I was able to attend some racing this weekend.
Last edited by Eatin Dirt; 4/28/12 at 9:25 AM.

1 member likes this post: racephoto
4/28/12, 9:56 AM   #29
Pitpass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eatin Dirt View Post
Bright spot last night, I went to a Sprint Car race. Bad side of the night, getting there after Quals. because I got home from work late. Hard to believe the track could be so good then turn into what it was come feature time. I told my friend after the 1st heat that I hope it didn't turn into a huggy pole, well guess what, that is exactly what happened. I also couldn't believe they didn't rework the track. I have been there many times when the track looked better than it did last night and it was reworked. I figure there are two thoughts on reworking the track, 1) USAC didn't want them to 2) maybe they thought rain was on the way?????? At least I was able to attend some racing this weekend.
Now there is how you criticize without being offensive............
Last edited by Pitpass; 4/28/12 at 12:03 PM. Reason: poor choice of words

1 member likes this post: racephoto
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gas City updates?