IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > VIDEO: DuQuoin Midgets Complete A-Main 12-17-11
12/18/11, 11:52 PM   #11
Re: VIDEO: DuQuoin Midgets Complete A-Main 12-17-1
Bad Dad 54

That was great, slip slidin, bump'n bangin racing at it's best. Neither driver did the other too nasty either. Wish this type of racing would be brought to the Silverdome in Pontiac. Don't care for going to Detroit but would if there was a race like this.

12/19/11, 4:19 AM   #12
Hotshoe65s

The most impressive thing to me is that camera work. I wouldve fallen over or lost my lunch after spinning that much. Very good race too

Posted via Mobile Device

12/19/11, 8:41 AM   #13
suade82

Great video. I know this is a little off topic, but there is one thing that I have noticed that kinda annoys me with midget racing and sometimes the sprints. Why does everyone have to have a black car. It is not easy to read the numbers. Come up with some originality so I can tell who is who. I would like to thank the Loyets, I always know what car they are in.

Wade

12/19/11, 9:51 AM   #14
Sipes99

Quote:
Originally Posted by staggerman View Post
Great video and racing. Thanks.

Stands sure looked a little thin hopefully they made some money to keep the event going and growing.
I wish I did not leave before the A-main, I had a 4 hour drive home, but during the heats and qualifiers, the crowd wasn't bad. And I'm glad that gate held up when that car's throttle stuck and he went flipping.

12/19/11, 10:13 AM   #15
LittleReject

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotshoe65s View Post
The most impressive thing to me is that camera work. I wouldve fallen over or lost my lunch after spinning that much. Very good race too

Posted via Mobile Device
HAHA!! It's not as disorienting as you would think. You get so focused on the actual cars that they actually help keep you focused!

12/19/11, 10:30 AM   #16
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by suade82 View Post
Great video. I know this is a little off topic, but there is one thing that I have noticed that kinda annoys me with midget racing and sometimes the sprints. Why does everyone have to have a black car. It is not easy to read the numbers. Come up with some originality so I can tell who is who. I would like to thank the Loyets, I always know what car they are in.

Wade
Most of the bodies come in black gel coat fiberglass so you don't have to spend money on a paint job's every time they get in a little trouble.
BLACK is also a serious race color. Nothing more pretty than a shiny Black race car with Gold Leaf lettering on it. Black seems to say to me racing is "Serious Business".

My wife runs the camera and she hates black too. People with black car's need to have big bright numbers on them.
Last edited by DAD; 12/19/11 at 10:31 AM.

12/19/11, 3:28 PM   #17
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Haven't had time to view the video yet, but I sure had an enjoyable evening; great racing and superb track preparation. Also had an enjoyable chat with Leon Gentry; good to see him out and about after his recent heart episode.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, Mud Packer
12/19/11, 10:45 PM   #18
DWX 9929

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAD
All AJ needs is the right driver and the right money man to come together, then midget racing had better watch out because I guarantee they will be on a roll.
I whole-heartedly agree with that!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > VIDEO: DuQuoin Midgets Complete A-Main 12-17-11