IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Woman racers
5/26/11, 2:56 PM   #11
Re: Woman racers
backitin

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinisprintfan View Post
Let me preface this by saying I am definately not a fan of Danica and the hype machine that surrounds her, but she impressed me a little bit Sunday. Having to get out of the car because of rain, not knowing if she would get a chance to try to qualify, and then putting the car in the show showed me something. She showed poise and focus, getting herself ready and then running 4 good laps. It is not something that numerous drivers haven't done in the past, which to me was a good thing. Sunday she was just another driver trying to make a race.
I guess you'd have to say I'm a fan of anyone who can muster up the heart to perform under that pressure. The woman is intense and super focused, imaging the pressure she's under I'm surprised she can muster a fake smile. When you show your emotion in a big way when your pissed, you'd have alot more fans if you did the same when you were happy. The woman can flat out drive and would be fine with me to see a American take the race this year. No way could I do what any of those drivers do, doesnt fit my style thats scalpel racing, I'm more of a axe kinda guy.

1 member likes this post: duggerdirt44
5/26/11, 6:47 PM   #12
motormouthmyers

What I do not like was Danica and Marco, when facing diversity would not be interviewed. When things went their way, you could not shut them up. I was impressed with Ryan Hunter-Reay who was interviewed right after being bumped (I know this is a little off the women racers' topic)----jmo.

5/26/11, 8:11 PM   #13
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Putting on the Kevlar now.

I've heard Dale Jr. ***** and whine more than Danica.

Fire away

3 members like this post: duggerdirt44, rdzsprint
5/26/11, 8:20 PM   #14
KMS2683

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiemidgetfan View Post
The thing I like about Simona apart from her abundant good attitude is that she's female but she doesn't make a big deal of it. Unlike Princess Sparkle Pony with her magazine nudie shoots and whatever else (she's not even attractive imho) Simona just gets on with the job and the fact that she's female is a personality thing and she doesn't see it as a hindrance to her achievements or an excuse. Don't know enough about Pippa Mann to pass judgement.
Agreed, she's a racer

5/26/11, 8:44 PM   #15
Midget 89

One of the best female drivers around might be 15-year-old Taylor Ferns of Shelby township in Michigan. Second in points last year in 410 sprints at Lansing's Spartan Speedway. Second in the first feature this year. She has more USAC feature wins than any other woman in history. And she is just getting started.

5/27/11, 11:49 PM   #16
deannalynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Putting on the Kevlar now.

I've heard Dale Jr. ***** and whine more than Danica.

Fire away
LOL!! I will cover you while you move!!!!

5/28/11, 6:37 AM   #17
backitin

Man, we been without power for the last 36 hr's, never guess whats the first thing I did when it came back. Yep, here I am,:2: At first they were saying we might not have power till Sunday nite, that would've sucked missing the 500. Man, woman, child, I like when someone shows emotion win or lose. I hate the robots.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Woman racers