IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Woman racers
5/25/11, 9:35 AM   #1
Woman racers
backitin

Man I like'em. I really like both Simona and especially Pippen (sic?) Her reaction and showing emotion is great. Now I do know something about women racers. The youngest person ever to win a 500cc Speedwaybike race, in the entire world is named Kaitlin Davis and she did it on one of my 500 Jawas. It was her first time on a 500 and she won all her heats and the main going away. This was after getting tboned and run over in the first heat which was restarted. We had to get a special sanction from the AMA and I'm sure it will never be done again. I believe she was 12 at the time, and is without a doubt the most fearless female I've ever seen in person. Type her name into utube and theres a couple of her moments. In one she goes flying over the fence into the parking lot and it's quite entertaining. Now no offence to the person who posted the thing about Simona being a good little racer, but if Katy heard you call her that she'd kick your all over the infield all 100 lbs of her, lol

5/25/11, 10:26 AM   #2
Re: Woman racers
backitin

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiemidgetfan View Post
The thing I like about Simona apart from her abundant good attitude is that she's female but she doesn't make a big deal of it. Unlike Princess Sparkle Pony with her magazine nudie shoots and whatever else (she's not even attractive imho) Simona just gets on with the job and the fact that she's female is a personality thing and she doesn't see it as a hindrance to her achievements or an excuse. Don't know enough about Pippa Mann to pass judgement.
yeah man. Danica is packaged as a money machine, Simona a racer. I agree with Pippa dont know nothing of her either but I like anyone who is enjoying the moment and she most definitely was. Simona is a big woman also, that girl got some hips lol, wouldnt have to worry about her trying my car, couldnt pry her in.
Last edited by backitin; 5/25/11 at 7:08 PM.

5/25/11, 11:09 AM   #3
The Old Coyote

"Princess Sparkle Pony" I like that!

I think she always was over rated.

Andretti Racing saw the opportunity to cash in on her media draw and used all those Honda dollars they had at the time to sign her away from Rahal Letterman. Her performance was average in top notch equipment. Her much publisized laps led at Indy were due only to out of sequence pit stops and her "victory" at Motegi seemed to me to be fishy. I think all the publicity has definitely gone to her head and now NASCRUD wants to capitalize off her. There have been Indy Car drivers with way more talent that her fail to make it in NASCRUD! So, I guess we will see if she gets the "call".

1 member likes this post: Jimmydiesel
5/25/11, 11:40 AM   #4
rrc

Just wishful thinkin here....as Tony Stewart has the Prelude race, wouldn't it be entertaining to see an "all female" race at Eldora???

5/25/11, 11:46 AM   #5
Wrench Turner

"Princess Sparkle Pony" Awesome.

5/25/11, 12:50 PM   #6
darnall

I have been heading towards the Simona bandwagon for quite a while now but her performance so far this season has been really fun to watch...especially in a somewhat underfunded team. The girl can drive...thats what I like about her..Would love to see what she could do in a full season in a Target or Penske car.

5/25/11, 2:08 PM   #7
racinround

"Princess Sparkle Pony with her magazine nudie shoots"

What magazine did she pose nude for aussiemidgetfan?? Are you sure your not exaggerating just a wee bit??
Last edited by racinround; 5/25/11 at 2:09 PM.

5/26/11, 10:17 AM   #8
illinisprintfan

Let me preface this by saying I am definately not a fan of Danica and the hype machine that surrounds her, but she impressed me a little bit Sunday. Having to get out of the car because of rain, not knowing if she would get a chance to try to qualify, and then putting the car in the show showed me something. She showed poise and focus, getting herself ready and then running 4 good laps. It is not something that numerous drivers haven't done in the past, which to me was a good thing. Sunday she was just another driver trying to make a race.

2 members like this post: duggerdirt44, TQ29m
5/26/11, 10:43 AM   #9
deannalynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrc View Post
Just wishful thinkin here....as Tony Stewart has the Prelude race, wouldn't it be entertaining to see an "all female" race at Eldora???
If Eldora doesn't do it, there's always the powder puff races at Paragon and Putnamville

5/26/11, 1:24 PM   #10
Pat O'Connor Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Old Coyote View Post
Her performance was average in top notch equipment.

I am NOT a fan of Danica Patrick, but I would like to know how many "average performances" have put anyone on this board into a top 5 finish in the 500 ..................

I don't doubt that she is a *itch and a PITA. But she CAN drive these current Indy cars despite all the negative whining about her that occurs on message boards.

2 members like this post: rdzsprint, TQ29m
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Woman racers