IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > kokomo speedway next year
10/7/10, 3:06 AM   #11
reeserx

15 wont be too bad, but the whole changin race days hopefully doesnt happen, i can think of only 2 tracks that run on sundays occasionally, you move it to saturday, u got 3 other tracks you got to compete with, move it to friday and you got gas city and bloomington, and with gas city so close you would lose your battle...i just hope kokomo stays alive and thrives next year
Posted via Mobile Device

10/7/10, 6:20 PM   #12
Re: kokomo speedway next year
T&A Racing

I have been pondering I-69 future for 5 years. Who knows how long that tracks lasts. Hate to even consider it as a possibility but anything can happen.

10/8/10, 12:04 AM   #13
hoosier race fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by T&A Racing View Post
I have been pondering I-69 future for 5 years. Who knows how long that tracks lasts. Hate to even consider it as a possibility but anything can happen.
Having lived in Gas City, I honestly don't see the track being closed due to somebody wanting the land it is on. There is quite a bit of open property for industry in the area that could be purchased at a much lower price than the number I have heard tossed around for Gas City Speedway. If it were to close due to dwindling support that would be a different story, but I don't see that coming into play yet. They do need some serious work done to improve the car count in the stock car classes. Montpelier has their stock class back up to near 20 a week and Gas City is getting 5 to 10.

I can't say I blame Kokomo for taking the month of August off. Any regular event held within about a month after sprint week is going to have lower numbers in comparison to races earlier in the season. The same thing happens at Gas City. Maybe the two tracks could get together and each hold just 1 or 2 races that are specials during that month. When they used to have the 5 crown weekend in mid-August they usually had good numbers, but that was a special event that fans looked forward to. I always liked going to the Thursday-Friday doubleheader at Gas City the weekend before school started. Kokomo has tried the switch to Saturdays before with very minimal success, and I doubt that it would be any better if it were tried again. Do something to get more people to start racing. The more people you have racing, the more fans you will get coming to watch their family and friends compete. JMO.

10/8/10, 6:03 PM   #14
jim goerge

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeserx View Post
that doesnt make any sense, kids 12 and under are free anyway, i think if oconner would of made up his 5 rain outs from this year, they wouldnt be hurtin IMO
Posted via Mobile Device
Its not anything to do with 12 and under it has to do with buying clothes and books for the kids school People nee to cut back somewhere and they do with racing

---------- Post added at 05:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrehautian View Post
Maybe they will run more races at THAT when they are not running Kokomo? That is assuming they get the contract to promote, still have not heard anything about Track enterprises having a promoting contract yet.
Adam Why would they run THAT inplace of Kokomo It woukld be the same problem cuz kids going back to school

10/9/10, 10:39 PM   #15
Tim Watson

Move the track here to Wisconsin where our kids don't start school until after labor day. I'll bring the cheese.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > kokomo speedway next year