IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > More cars in Ohio than Indiana
8/2/10, 9:31 AM   #11
Re: More cars in Ohio than Indiana
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need For Speed View Post
This website is developing a 'gang mentality' lately......

The OP made a couple of comments about being surprised about the car count, and people have belittled him for 'complaining', and are now accusing him of blaming the track for his arrival time.
You don't check when your movie starts? You just show up hoping to catch it before it starts? Take the kid to the circus at 8 but it has a posted 7 start time? Kokomo puts its times on its website. on its phone message
His fault period
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 8/2/10 at 9:33 AM.

8/2/10, 5:53 PM   #12
Need For Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
You don't check when your movie starts? You just show up hoping to catch it before it starts? Take the kid to the circus at 8 but it has a posted 7 start time? Kokomo puts its times on its website. on its phone message
His fault period
The OP stated this
"Got to the track at 730 and had already missed the sprint heats."

Where in that, is he saying that anyones is at fault for anything?????? He said he got there at XX time, and he missed the sprint heats....whoop-de-do. He didn't accuse Kokomo of starting early, etc.

The only thing I saw that could even be considered 'complaining', was him wondering why there wasn't more cars......

Geez, the way some of the posters on this site are, if a guy said 'I walked outside today, and it was hot, so I started sweating', you would jump his case saying 'Hey, if you don't like it stay in the A/C. Be happy it wasn't winter. Don't walk so fast and you wouldn't sweat. You are a complainer'..............
Last edited by Need For Speed; 8/2/10 at 5:55 PM.

3 members like this post: boiler, Russ, Sandy Lowe
8/2/10, 8:02 PM   #13
TommyBahama

Jeez, chill out folks. We had a family birthday party, I left Sidney, Ohio at 515 and busted ass 120 miles to hopefully arrive before the racing started. I was disappointed as was my 14 yr old son that in getting there at 730 we had missed the sprint heats. Our 3rd visit to kokomo this year for the very reason that they get us out early. Not knocking the speedway, it is incredible and I still paid $40 walking in knowing we were now only going to see a feature for 240 miles round trip.

Yes I was expecting more cars considering the payout and was disappointed, not with the track but more the support from the racers. Someone gives you a nice purse you might want to support is my thinking. I will think twice before posting again.
Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: Dirtfan, Need For Speed
8/2/10, 8:12 PM   #14
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I apologize for being so rough on ya

I guess I take *Unbelievable, 29 cars at Fremont for $1,000 less than Kokomo. How does Kokomo only get 20 cars for $3,000 to win?*

as a bit of a attack on the racers of the state. I can see where you'd think there'd be more.

Chuck

8/2/10, 9:34 PM   #15
hoosier race fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need For Speed View Post
The OP stated this
"Got to the track at 730 and had already missed the sprint heats."

Where in that, is he saying that anyones is at fault for anything?????? He said he got there at XX time, and he missed the sprint heats....whoop-de-do. He didn't accuse Kokomo of starting early, etc.

The only thing I saw that could even be considered 'complaining', was him wondering why there wasn't more cars......

Geez, the way some of the posters on this site are, if a guy said 'I walked outside today, and it was hot, so I started sweating', you would jump his case saying 'Hey, if you don't like it stay in the A/C. Be happy it wasn't winter. Don't walk so fast and you wouldn't sweat. You are a complainer'..............
Welcome to the good ole boys club. And you thought I was a jerk...

While you and I have had our disagreements, I completely agree with you about this. Voice any displeasure about certain tracks or drivers and you're an instant moron here. Next is when you and I are told if we don't like it, don't read it.

8/2/10, 9:51 PM   #16
Gee2

I wulda stayed in Ohio and watched the winged sprints, next time you will know.

8/2/10, 9:55 PM   #17
Koonzee

No winged racing on Sunday in Ohio,now you know,lol.

8/2/10, 10:18 PM   #18
Gee2

ok.. this hoosier didnt know that.... i miss the wings here in Indy

8/3/10, 3:50 AM   #19
T&A Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyBahama View Post
Yes I was expecting more cars considering the payout and was disappointed, not with the track but more the support from the racers. Someone gives you a nice purse you might want to support is my thinking. I will think twice before posting again.
Posted via Mobile Device
That isn't uncommon here in Indiana. So many factors can and do effect what we think would pull a good car count.

North Vernon some years back had a Gold Cup race. I think it was $5,0000 to win but the car count was not impressive. However, the racing was. Seen other similar scenarios as well. Every since then, I have learned not to second guess car counts nor the mentality that more is better. Not true.

I think what was mentioned holds true considering TNT and midget money week and the fact the Jerry pointed out about Kokomo that they have rarely been impressive with car counts and probably never will be. Plus being on Sunday many teams only run twice a week scaling back because they have too.

8/3/10, 7:29 AM   #20
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee2 View Post
ok.. this hoosier didnt know that.... i miss the wings here in Indy
FYI. Kokomo will be hosting the Sprints on Dirt series this coming Sunday night.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > More cars in Ohio than Indiana