IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > More cars in Ohio than Indiana
8/1/10, 8:02 PM   #1
More cars in Ohio than Indiana
TommyBahama

Unbelievable, 29 cars at Fremont for $1,000 less than Kokomo. How does Kokomo only get 20 cars for $3,000 to win? Are things that bad? Got to the track at 730 and had already missed the sprint heats. Bummed out, we drove 120 miles for this. Oh well, hope for a good feature.
Posted via Mobile Device

8/1/10, 10:06 PM   #2
Re: More cars in Ohio than Indiana
Need For Speed

Fremont was hosting the last leg of the 'Road to the Hewitt Classic'..also a mini-series sponsored by Hoosier Tire. (I imagine there was some sort of a point fund)

Plus the winner of any 'Road to the Hewitt Classic' feature race, has a locked in spot to start the Hewitt Classic feature next Sat. night at Waynesfield Motorsports Park....which pays $4,000 to win.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
8/1/10, 10:13 PM   #3
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyBahama View Post
Unbelievable, 29 cars at Fremont for $1,000 less than Kokomo. How does Kokomo only get 20 cars for $3,000 to win? Are things that bad? Got to the track at 730 and had already missed the sprint heats. Bummed out, we drove 120 miles for this. Oh well, hope for a good feature.
Posted via Mobile Device

Im certainly glad I can't B#*## about every race I go to.
Right before a TNT tour and midget week of money i thought Kokomo did alright.

Look at it this way, The Road to the Hewitt classic is getting more wangers to taer it off (misspelled on purpose)
This is a good thing

2 members like this post: jim goerge
8/1/10, 11:02 PM   #4
tiki1105

It was 2500 to win at Fremont tonight. And most of the drivers there are supporting the Jack Hewitt points.
Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: Jerry Spencer, jim goerge
8/1/10, 11:52 PM   #5
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Posted via Mobile Device
Since the O'Connor's have taken over at Kokomo they start hot lapping around 5:45 PM. They follow that up with sprint car group qualifying and then go right into the program. They run sprints first so most any Sunday night you will miss the heats if you don't get there till 7:30 PM. In all the heat races tonight they did not have a yellow flag. They do a great job of putting on a show and getting us poor working folks an opportunity to get some sleep. As a suggestion, I would get there earlier if you plan on seeing the whole show. Or you could have just drove to Fremont to check that out.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

2 members like this post: Jerry Spencer, racefan20
8/2/10, 2:48 AM   #6
Jerry Spencer

Quote:
Posted via Mobile Device
So you are going to blame the speedway for you being late??? Check the start time and be there, Kokomo starts on time and does very little messing around. I know a lot of people that come to Kokomo on Sunday night not just to see good racing but they come knowing they will be home at a decent hour. People talk about more bang for their buck, I think Kokomo Speedway gives you your money's worth every Sunday Afternoon. As for the car count Kokomo has never had a large car count probably never will but you ask anyone walking thru the gate on there way home at a decent hour and they will tell you with the cars that were there they got what they came to see, side by side racing from start to finish. J.M.O.

Jerry

5 members like this post: cmakin, Jimmydiesel, mowerman, racefan20, spicoli
8/2/10, 6:54 AM   #7
Need For Speed

This website is developing a 'gang mentality' lately......

The OP made a couple of comments about being surprised about the car count, and people have belittled him for 'complaining', and are now accusing him of blaming the track for his arrival time.

2 members like this post: Dirtfan, SPRINTCAR
8/2/10, 7:30 AM   #8
PJ Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need For Speed View Post
This website is developing a 'gang mentality' lately......

The OP made a couple of comments about being surprised about the car count, and people have belittled him for 'complaining', and are now accusing him of blaming the track for his arrival time.
I disagree. Complaining is exactly what he was doing. I certainly don't think this website has developed a ''gang mentality", however it seems that a few people have a 'I bought a ticket, now make my life perfect for the next 3 hours' mentality.

8/2/10, 7:41 AM   #9
EKracing

Kokomo has always started at 5:45 except after the Indy 500 which is an hour later. So if you want to get your moneys worth get there no later than 6. I usually walk in just as they are starting hot laps. They always push the first car off at around 5:45. So if you are making a long trip plan on being there safely around 5:30 so you can get a seat. As for the car count, who cares. Last night we had Dave Darland, Jerry Coons, Stanbrough, Windom, Grant, (usually cottle) Elson, Tracy Hines...Thats quality and worth every penny.

1 member likes this post: AustinSprinter
8/2/10, 9:02 AM   #10
bullring

It's kind of funny, I quit going to the only sprint car track in my area because they never started on time.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > More cars in Ohio than Indiana