IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Levi blocking
7/10/10, 2:46 PM   #11
Re: Levi blocking
RGraves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illini8 View Post
Ran his course? Isn't he leading the points? Won a few races. Are you kidding me?
I don't mean ran his course in racing sprints. I mean ran his course in Tony's ride. I would just like to see another young driver that was in Levi's position 6 or so years ago have a chance in a top notch ride like TSR.

Just my opinion and I am entitled to it

7/10/10, 2:48 PM   #12
Trish8574

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_vennard54 View Post
Listen guys, I'm a friend of Levi, grew up racing with him. So obviously I do have some bias here, but point of the matter is, blocking like what you are talking about isn't possible. No radios, no mirrors, you can somewhat hear the guys around you. But as a driver, what is your job on the race track? To try to win, and if you can't put it in the circle you want to be or stay as close to that spot as your can. I've been frustrated myself with guys who make their cars as wide as they can, on several occasions, but I've also been the guy making the car wide, and hard to pass. Either way you've got to find your way around the person, I wasn't there last night, and didn't see it first hand. I'm happy to see Dave win, it's well deserved on all accounts, but there isn't any reason for the Levi bashing, ego this and that.

Levi didn't come into this sport with daddy's check book buying his way to the top, he didn't jump in the best equipment right out of the gate, he's worked hard for a lot of years to get to where he is today. Anytime I'm around him, I'm amazed with the things I learn each and every time about the cars, chassis, engine, etc etc.. he works his butt off to run well, and is focused on doing that. You need to get down and talk to him and realize he's every bit as down to earth as Dave, or any other grass roots guy in the pits. Don't let the big TSR flash and fancy give you the wrong opinions of him.

He's one of my best buds, has been since we were 6 years old racing gokarts in a bean field behind an old barn in Winslow, IN, and hopefully always will be.
GREAT POST!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

4 members like this post: dant, DirtyD, JCC, speed bump
7/10/10, 3:30 PM   #13
TheLip2

I lost ALL respect for Levi last year when he pulled his baby act at Lawrenceburg. A promoter puts on a 10k to win race and you come and enter and don't like your pill draw. You then try to circumvent the
rules trying to enter your backup to get a new draw. You get told you can't do that and then you pack up the best equipment in the business and pull out. Guys came from the back that night. He didn't want
to try in a 10k to win race. I think it's disrespectfull to the fans and promoter, not to mention I think it says something about character. Maybe I am wrong, but that was the message I got and I know plenty
of other that feel the same way about it.

7/10/10, 4:23 PM   #14
65 Push Truck

I remember making a lot of laps near that old bean field. I also remember 2 young boys playin in the dirt between races. Lol. Great memories of the old go kart days at Winslow. That was grass roots racin at its finest.
Posted via Mobile Device

7/10/10, 5:51 PM   #15
spruett

This is a hilarious debate

DD is the most competitive and toughest driver I know and will not hesitate to move someone if he thinks he needs to.

Dave knows what is going with everything including what time his competition came in the gate and who might be doing whatever etc.. If he didn't move Levi it was because he knew he could pass him.

Dave probably just let Levi set himself up for the pass!

1 member likes this post: Hubie
7/10/10, 6:15 PM   #16
Heromaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by spruett View Post
This is a hilarious debate

Dave probably just let Levi set himself up for the pass!
That is soooo right.

7/11/10, 1:52 AM   #17
MissouriSprinter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLip2 View Post
I lost ALL respect for Levi last year when he pulled his baby act at Lawrenceburg. A promoter puts on a 10k to win race and you come and enter and don't like your pill draw. You then try to circumvent the
rules trying to enter your backup to get a new draw. You get told you can't do that and then you pack up the best equipment in the business and pull out. Guys came from the back that night. He didn't want
to try in a 10k to win race. I think it's disrespectfull to the fans and promoter, not to mention I think it says something about character. Maybe I am wrong, but that was the message I got and I know plenty
of other that feel the same way about it.
Clauson left too, did you lose all respect for him also?

1 member likes this post: DirtyD
7/11/10, 4:26 AM   #18
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Funny I've seen several mirrors lately.

Im not going to say if I was in the same possition as Levi was on the opening lap and got bent out of shape like he did I wouldn't do the same thing to save it and my possition.

No questioning the size of his Cajones ect. Hes got nothing to prove as he has three championships and many wins. He wants to win.

That being said i went and said something last night such as If your levi you get away with anything and Levi's Wife? GF? Was sitting the other side of my father.

I feel like a ham, I am ham. I did say hes a incredible driver too so it wasn't all bad just the heat of the action like others seemed to go fisticuffs over.

I apologize to her and Levi for that.

As far as blocking, Its the other guys job to find a way around you. That mess last night was Levi saving himself first which about any driver would try to do. It didn't end up well for some others.

7/11/10, 7:33 AM   #19
Hubie

Bagging on Levi Jones

You folks need another hobby

Oh, and Dave Darland is also a fine race driver. Clauson is no slouch.

Everybody does what they can to keep the guy behind them, well, behind them.

Time for Levi to go....... this must be the most asinine statement on this message board since wanting Terre Haute to go out of business.

1 member likes this post: grinch
7/11/10, 8:18 AM   #20
chassisman55

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGraves View Post
Clauson dumped him because of it several weeks back. I think his ego is getting a bit too big. I really wish Tony would put another young wheel man in the car. Levi has ran his course, time to move on.
You mean you would exchange a true champion for some kid with deep pockets, nd no idea where hes going? lol.
Sprint Car racing has always been tight, close racing; a sport for men, not boys.

1 member likes this post: Hubie
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Levi blocking