IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > H.O.S.S/USAC Sprints at Winchester
9/29/09, 7:41 PM   #11
Re: H.O.S.S/USAC Sprints at Winchester
Supermod
Inactive Member

I don't think that is the real Fike Plumbing car. There is nothing about it that looks like the real thing. It probably has a V6 in it to make it more driveable in these vintage deals.

later,

Bob Mays

1 member likes this post: interpreter66
9/29/09, 7:47 PM   #12
wbr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevracer58 View Post
Does anyone know if Sondi Eden is planning to race at Winchester?
She said she was when we saw her at Baer Field racing.

9/29/09, 9:18 PM   #13
SUPERDUKE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermod View Post
i don't think that is the real fike plumbing car. There is nothing about it that looks like the real thing. It probably has a v6 in it to make it more driveable in these vintage deals.

Later,

bob mays
its not the real car! Parnelli has been looking for it! Even down under!

10/2/09, 12:43 PM   #14
Hoosier Highbanks

Weather looks good for racing this weekend at Winchester Speedway! Hope to see a lot of campers and fans both days.

10/2/09, 6:54 PM   #15
mac miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by interpreter66 View Post
mac
i saw the fike plumbing special at eldora why does it have a 6 cylinder in it?
This car was designed and built according to the specifications of the customer, who paid for it.
It is designed to be as convenient and reliable as possible to run at vintage events. It has a self starter, an automatic transmission and runs on gas. With the limited number of laps available at some vintage meets, we are on the track, immediately, running laps while the "push truck" cars are missing laps, waiting to be push started.
With the transmission, we needed to have space for the bell housing so we used the shorter V6 engine and used the space normally occupied by the back 2 cylinders to locate the bell housing. By doing this we were able to stay with the original "Fike" wheelbase of 85". Other features similar to the original "Fike" include parallel rear torsion bars and cross front leaf spring.
This car has exceeded all performance and reliability expectations and has run many events Indiana, Ohio, Illinois and Michigan.
I like this car, the owner likes it and Parnelli Jones likes it, so, I'm not really that concerned with the opinions of anyone else.
I can assure you that if this customer or any other customer wants an exact recreation of the real Fike Plumbing Spl, we are quite capable of building it.
By the way, I do know where the real Fike Plumbing Spl, is and who owns it. Unfortunately, it will never return to this country and it will never appear in its original Fike Plumbing paint job.

10/2/09, 6:59 PM   #16
RACEMS41

Mac's got an answer for everything......just ask him!!!
Mac's buddy,
Signing my real name...(right Mac!)
Jim Paternoster

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > H.O.S.S/USAC Sprints at Winchester