IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > tonight at macon!
9/2/09, 11:32 PM   #41
Re: tonight at macon!
Vinyl Works

Congrats Bret!! Its nice to hear your back behind the wheel!

1 member likes this post: billwill7
9/2/09, 11:42 PM   #42
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Pusher View Post
How did Tony flip?
Got over the cushion up next to the wall, Beauchamp collected him but they both restarted

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

9/2/09, 11:47 PM   #43
Dirt Pusher

Thanks for the info on Tony's flip Racefan20.

9/2/09, 11:56 PM   #44
DIRT-TRACK-JUNKIE

Good job DD

9/3/09, 7:14 AM   #45
dmyers25m

i think the reason brad kuhn got dq is because he did a slide job on me on the final lap. I try to cut back under him and it look like he start to spin out. I jump he his left front i think and flip several times. He already had more passing points then me if he finish second and he would of start in the first two rows but i know we are all out there to win every race that we can. there was alot of aggressive driving/rough driving at that race last night. Brad is a very good driver and i was hot when i got out of the car and thought it was rough driving and i thought it could had been prevented from me flipping but sh*t happen. I have nothing against brad so we are going have to move on to the next race and go from there.

Thank
Derrick Myers #25m

4 members like this post: 48modracer, billwill7, buck2
9/3/09, 10:28 AM   #46
miledirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmyers25m View Post
i think the reason brad kuhn got dq is because he did a slide job on me on the final lap. I try to cut back under him and it look like he start to spin out. I jump he his left front i think and flip several times. He already had more passing points then me if he finish second and he would of start in the first two rows but i know we are all out there to win every race that we can. there was alot of aggressive driving/rough driving at that race last night. Brad is a very good driver and i was hot when i got out of the car and thought it was rough driving and i thought it could had been prevented from me flipping but sh*t happen. I have nothing against brad so we are going have to move on to the next race and go from there.

Thank
Derrick Myers #25m
Just became a Derrick Myers fan - great attitude man

4 members like this post: billwill7, BrentTFunk, JEFFSTOY, mowerman
9/3/09, 11:10 AM   #47
48modracer

It must have been a full moon last night. There was a lot of great racing, but too many incidents, especially in heat #2. Great to see Joey Moughan and Derrick Myers walk away. They both took pretty hard tumbles in turn 2 that were unnecessary. Good to see Anderson in the #11 back running good again and it was exciting to see Darland and Hess threading through traffic and I missed it, but Tim Siner showed up at the end after winning the consi.

Hated to see some bad calls in my opinion with letting people change tires (Stewart) and restart while some others did not get that nod. Stardom does have its privileges I guess. I also felt bad for Brent Beauchamp. His luck was just bad from the get go, but he drove hard to make the feature and would of had a good finish if not for 2 incidents not of his own doing.

Never a dull moment in a POWRI feature at Macon for sure.

9/3/09, 11:54 AM   #48
WFO4life

Im new to the board, but have been reading for a long time, but I do agree with some of the other post have said. Racing at Macon is always wild and now POWRi is stepping in on all the racing with the judgement calls. They are playing this fine line of what they all rule slide jobs to be. Now in there defense it was nice to see them black flag somebody besides Loyet, cause it almost seems as they just watch him at all times. I mean lets be honest the POWRi series has kind of just been whatever he wants to make it this year. Although i would of loved to see a classic brad and brett showdown last night. Those 2 can trade slide jobs for 20 plus laps and never touch each other.

Sad to see guys struggle like they did last night. You never want to see Derek Myer's have trouble when he is having such a great year. Talking about bad luck, Tyler Robbins had some terrible luck last night. I talked to him after the race and he said that was the 2nd time that car had ever hit the track and the push truck just destroyed the right side of his racecar. I hope you guys are not talking about him catching a break with them letting him change his 2 tires that the push truck flattened. When i talked to him after the race he told me that it flattened both tires, bent both wheels, junked the jacobs ladder and the straps, bent the nerf bar, and broke the sway bar in two.

Overall it was a good night of racing at Macon as i said before it would of been nice to see Anderson and Loyet go at it cause im sure they both would of been up on the wheel.

9/3/09, 1:41 PM   #49
buck2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFO4life View Post
Im new to the board, but have been reading for a long time, but I do agree with some of the other post have said. Racing at Macon is always wild and now POWRi is stepping in on all the racing with the judgement calls. They are playing this fine line of what they all rule slide jobs to be. Now in there defense it was nice to see them black flag somebody besides Loyet, cause it almost seems as they just watch him at all times. I mean lets be honest the POWRi series has kind of just been whatever he wants to make it this year. Although i would of loved to see a classic brad and brett showdown last night. Those 2 can trade slide jobs for 20 plus laps and never touch each other.

Sad to see guys struggle like they did last night. You never want to see Derek Myer's have trouble when he is having such a great year. Talking about bad luck, Tyler Robbins had some terrible luck last night. I talked to him after the race and he said that was the 2nd time that car had ever hit the track and the push truck just destroyed the right side of his racecar. I hope you guys are not talking about him catching a break with them letting him change his 2 tires that the push truck flattened. When i talked to him after the race he told me that it flattened both tires, bent both wheels, junked the jacobs ladder and the straps, bent the nerf bar, and broke the sway bar in two.

Overall it was a good night of racing at Macon as i said before it would of been nice to see Anderson and Loyet go at it cause im sure they both would of been up on the wheel.
POWRi is stepping in on all the racing with the judgement calls. They are playing this fine line of what they all rule slide jobs to be.

They are not consistent with their calls. That's one of the reasons I seldom race with them anymore. I think Siner in particular is operating in a realm beyond his capabilities.

9/3/09, 2:15 PM   #50
Haulerin2deep

Just to clarify one thing, Jim Siner did NOT make either one of those calls last night.... He does a great job week in and week out.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > tonight at macon!