IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Jacksonville sprint results??
7/19/09, 10:20 AM   #1
Jacksonville sprint results??
rkhracing

Anyone have then from last night (sat)??

7/19/09, 10:35 AM   #2
Re: Jacksonville sprint results??
mscs20

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkhracing View Post
Anyone have then from last night (sat)??
19 cars for SCORA Sprints, with Danny Williams taking the win, followed by JC Bland, Tommy Rockwell, and Steve Thomas. Sorry, I couldn't see who finished behind me, lol, but the lead changed back and forth for 20 laps.

Mike Dicely from Hyper Chassis in PA won the PowrI 600 A Main after winning the B and starting 18th. 50 cars total.

Scott Hatton won the Powr! midget A main. Nick Knepper 2nd, and Brad Kuhn was third, Brad Loyett flipped running 3rd. 27 Cars.
Last edited by mscs20; 7/19/09 at 11:00 AM.

1 member likes this post: dirtnonwingfan
7/19/09, 11:27 AM   #3
rkhracing

Sounds like they had a pretty good turnout and put on a good show.Glad to hear it went well.Congrats on your run!Thanks for the info.

7/19/09, 1:01 PM   #4
sprintcar64

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscs20 View Post
19 cars for SCORA Sprints, with Danny Williams taking the win, followed by JC Bland, Tommy Rockwell, and Steve Thomas. Sorry, I couldn't see who finished behind me, lol, but the lead changed back and forth for 20 laps.
RIGHT ON Danny. First night out this year and only second night on the new Dynamite chassis of Robinson racing. I'm proud of you bro.

7/19/09, 1:16 PM   #5
Motormasher

Glad to hear SCORA is picking up more cars now. I think they will definatly be the series to run here in the very near future.

7/19/09, 3:20 PM   #6
illiNOISE

I thought the SCORA series put on a fine show last night. And although I'm not usually a big fan of trophy dashes, I liked the 4-car, 4 lap deal they ran.

With three separate scoring and announcing teams last night, it was kind of funny watching what I called the "line changes" everytime we switched from POWRI to SCORA to our regular modified program.

7/19/09, 5:25 PM   #7
#1SPRINTVET

Resaults:
Heat One - 66 Adam Beliles, 58 Jamie Frederickson, 79 Matt Humphrey, 59 Craig Budde, 44 Joe Varvel, 4p Anthony Loehr.
Heat Two - 57r Danny Williams Jr., 11 Robbies Shuttleworth, 98 J.C. Bland, 20 Steve Thomas, 95 Tommy Rockwell, 17 J. T. Stapp, 2 John Barrick
Heat Three - 79n Blake Nimee, 99 Jimmy Davies, 7t Peter Palazzola, 72 Al Thomas, 77 Dave Peperak, 32 Chase Stockon
Dash - Williams Jr., Bland, Nimee, Beliles.
Feature - Williams Jr., Bland, Rockwell, S. Thomas, Nimee, Davies, Humphrey, Frederickson, A. Thomas, Peperak, Budde, Loehr, Varvel, Beliles, Shuttleworth, Palazzola, Barrick, StockonDNS, Stapp DNS.

SCORA had another outstanding race evening at Morgan County Speedway, Jacksonville, Illinois. With PowerI Midgets, Winged Mini Sprints, and Modifieds it was an good race night for fans. In eight race events there has been eitht different feature winners. Danny Williams Jr. of Indianapolis, after a few years off, came back on fire and made a clean sweep with a dash, heat, and feature wins. Chasing Danny at the finish after many lead changes was J.C. Bland, Tommy Rockwell, who got the BILL'S TROPHIES Hard Charger award after starting 12th, Steve Thomas, and young Blake Nimee who led at times, but lost brakes to still finish fifth. Heat winners were Adam Beliles, Williams Jr,, and Nimee. The CAE ENGINES DASH was won by Williams Jr.
Two of the top competitors were eleminated in the heat races with blown engines. Chase Stockon was challanging for the lead in the third heat when his engine expired. Point leader J. T. Stapp lost his engine in the Sessions Sprinter in the second heat. Stapp still holds the Series point lead over Craig Budde by 15 points with Dave Peperak third.
The Williams Jr. won in was the Robinson Sprinter. This was the second night out for the Dynamite Chassis that Danny built and it was his first night in the car.
SCORA wants to thank the Wests at Jacksonville for a fine track and outstanding open wheel promotion. Eldora and Chandler, Indiana are the next two SCORA races.

7/19/09, 7:07 PM   #8
welder

Morgan County Speedway is a neat, fast, little race track that had a nice cushion I was able to capitalize on and get the win. What a fun night it was.
Thanks,
Danny Williams Jr.

7/19/09, 7:22 PM   #9
Bullringsarebest

Congrats to everyone who won over the last two nights in Jacksonville. Both shows were great for the fans! The racers all put on 2 great nights of racing and we would like to thank all racers for coming out and thanks to all of the fans who came out and supported the racers!
Billy & Kim West, Morgan County Speedway

7/20/09, 9:00 AM   #10
#1SPRINTVET

Kim and Billy West are to be congratulated for a fine Open Wheel Promotion. It was a pleasure to see a over filled pit area with open wheel racers. The track was in great condition and the races in all division were outstanding. The Wests made everyone feel welcome, so thanks again for a pleasant night at the races. Sam Stockon Sr

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Jacksonville sprint results??