Re: Larry Rice
Wallsracing

Race Count This Year: 54
Race Count Last Year: 37

Thoughts and prayers with the rice family through these tough times

5/13/09, 4:09 PM   #12
Pat O'Connor Fan

Robbie, I first saw your father drive back in the late '60s when he was driving your grandfather's midget, probably even before he began to sport those unique hats at race tracks everywhere. God Bless him and your family.

5/13/09, 5:26 PM   #13
Mr. Happy

damn.....

5/13/09, 5:37 PM   #14
Bill Gardner
Administrator

Robbie, Thanks for the update!

5/13/09, 5:56 PM   #15
ThrottleHead

Robbie, thanks for the update and the Gilbert family will keep Larry and the entire family in our thoughts and prayers.

5/13/09, 6:38 PM   #16
nowings4me

People like Larry never have a clue how they touch people's lives over the years. I am sure he would just tell you he was just "doing my job", but it really isn't like that at all. Through the power of TV, radio, and the like, people feel like they know you, even if they have never met you. I personally have never met Larry, but feel like he is almost like a friend because of his media exposure. I wish only the best for him and his family. God Bless you all !!!

5/13/09, 8:18 PM   #17
dkgphoto

My fondist memory of Larry was the 1982 Indy 500. We were trying to get Gary Irvin Qualified in what was called a Lyons Chassie, built by Jackie Howerton. Could not get the thing to handle at all ( A lead sled) to be precise. Any how Donnie Ray and Gary ask Larry to shake it down
after a week and half of trying to get up to speed. He agreed, if I'm not having memory loss his words where after several laps was, it will make a great show peace. So the night before the race, Larry, Larry Burtons son, and Myself barowed Bob Harkeys trailer (without Bobs permission) loaded up the show peace, and off to the east side we went. The whole episode was comical to say the least, Larry you will always be in my thoughts and prayers. Robbie, I'll tell you the whole story some day soon.
Dave Gansert

5/13/09, 8:39 PM   #18
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Robbie,

Thanks for the update. Even though I have never met your dad, he will always remain in my thoughts from the Thursday Night Thunder Series with Gary Lee. He was a great analyst and he was also an outstanding driver. Hope that by the weekend he is home and on the road to recovery.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

5/13/09, 9:55 PM   #19
rg1

Robbie,

We will keep your dad in our thoughts and prayers.

The Kokomo Speedway

5/13/09, 10:46 PM   #20
racer99

Robbie - prayers and positive vibes coming Larry's way - and for the whole family.
Bill Baker

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Larry Rice