IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
illinifan (Offline)
  #11 9/13/13 8:21 AM
I'm ready for tonight, midgets always steal the show from sprints at jaxville, especially if the quality drivers Mr. Dobson is talkin about, show up
racing2bwithu2 (Offline)
  #12 9/13/13 9:15 AM
Thank You Spfldmile, found it on the map....looked at it on my Covered Bridge site , looks nice. Hope to find a nice Buffet place to eat b4 going to the track...We are leaving here at 10am our time. Hope to meet ya at the races 2nite. Gail an I will have our Danny Smith shirts on. But I am a Darland fan. Just we don't see MOWA run very often. Again hope to meet more IOW folks. Every1 be safe on the travels to an from the races. See ya at the races. Lloyd an Gail
3 Likes: billwill7, racegal, SpfldMile
Andrew S. Quinn (Online)
  #13 9/13/13 11:08 AM
Work got in the way.... no J-ville for me tonight.
dirtnonwingfan (Offline)
  #14 9/13/13 11:34 AM
Sorry to hear that. That darn work can be so intrusive.

Frank Daigh
3 Likes: Danny Burton, racegal, racephoto1
illinifan (Offline)
  #15 9/13/13 12:30 PM
Lloyd there's a Golden Corral at the 6th st exit right at the I-55/72 interchange you might try that goin from glenarm to j-ville
ronmil (Offline)
  #16 9/13/13 12:44 PM
Would love to attend, but it is a 4 1/2 - 5 hour drive for me, plus I have a refrigerator service man coming this afternoon, and that must take priority. Went to Jacksonville once for a MSCS race a few years ago and enjoyed it. Hope to find a race there in the future, especially POWRi, that fits my schedule.

Ron Miller
Andrew S. Quinn (Online)
  #17 9/13/13 2:54 PM
Ahhhh just have to stick closer to home tonight. Been pretty lucky this yr.
Danny Burton (Offline)
  #18 9/13/13 3:20 PM
Originally Posted by kdobson:
Heck, I totally forgot about 2 Fike cars with Darren Hagen and Hunter Schuerenberg.

Which brings up another thing I want to mention and I hope I'm not speaking out of school. Mr Fike owns group homes in Jacksonville for persons with serious mental and physical disabilities. Over the past few midget shows at the request of Don and his staff, we have started having the residents at the race track to cheer on the Black number 3's. Tomorrow we will host over 40 residents. If you get a chance Friday night, pay close attention to how Don and the staff of the facilities truly care about these folks and genuinely are motivated to provide great life experiences for them. Last time after the races Don requested that many of them come to the pits and meet Darren, see the car etc. To watch Darren get pictures taken, sign autographs and make every effort to make them feel special spoke volumes as to the fact that these special individuals are far more than just tenants. And all of this happened without the desire to have any attention called to it. The residents had the time off their lives. We were beyond impressed with the whole RFMS team and how the racing operation can be used as a great tool for the benefit for some very special individuals. If you get a chance Friday night, go out of your way to make these special guests of the race track feel welcome. And thank Don and his staff for going above and beyond the call of duty in showing true care and compassion for them.
Matthew 25: 40---- “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

http://www.hoseheads.com/dannyb.html

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.
illinifan (Offline)
  #19 9/13/13 9:01 PM
Dave Darland got third in his heat tonight
speed9 (Offline)
  #20 9/13/13 9:28 PM
Kuhn started 6th and won his heat. Good run for the Racing with Mason group.