IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Closed Thread
SUPERDUKE (Offline)
  #141 1/3/09 10:40 PM
Originally Posted by randyrad:
To clarify my question.
My understanding was that the GC cars are restyled/reworked "new gen" SC cars that ran in 06 & 07. Is that accurate? If so, what's involved in making one of those newgenSC cars, a GC ? If not, are the GC cars totally new? Thanks.
THEY AND WHAT NASCAR WANTED IN 2006 AND 2007!!!!!!! NEW BODYS FOR 2010 OK IF THEY EVER RACE THEM AGAIN IN 2010??????????????????:headbang
racephoto1 (Offline)
  #142 1/3/09 11:49 PM
Ford told USAC not to split the focus series, of course they didn't listen.SC96, you may have a group of people dedicated to their success , but they aren't running the deal, USAC is.I still haven't got an answer on the big question.Who is going to pay the purse for the gold crown races ? I guess mums the word on that one huh.
sc96 (Offline)
  #143 1/4/09 1:09 AM
Originally Posted by racephoto1:
Ford told USAC not to split the focus series, of course they didn't listen.SC96, you may have a group of people dedicated to their success , but they aren't running the deal, USAC is.I still haven't got an answer on the big question.Who is going to pay the purse for the gold crown races ? I guess mums the word on that one huh.
Yes the owners adv.group IS running the show as fare as the Goldcrown goes! Who is going to pay the purse the title sponser that has not been released yet!
D.O. (Offline)
  #144 1/4/09 1:14 AM
Focus deal went south when the NC group lobbied to allow spl pavement cars cause they don't like dirt or couldn't get dates anywhere but pavement??
Sooo?? Change your car over dip shizt. Then the door was open.

Chris they need redone cars first, then races and more will come.

But buy GM stock right now might be a better deal.
sc96 (Offline)
  #145 1/4/09 1:14 AM
Originally Posted by randyrad:
To clarify my question.
My understanding was that the GC cars are restyled/reworked "new gen" SC cars that ran in 06 & 07. Is that accurate? If so, what's involved in making one of those newgenSC cars, a GC ? If not, are the GC cars totally new? Thanks.
Yes the Goldcrown cars are the New Gen SilverCrown cars the only difference will be the nose and sidepods. The cost to change bodies has not been released yet.
pgray (Offline)
  #146 1/4/09 3:05 AM
The New Generation Silver Crown Cars ( for the '06-'07 roll-out ) were constructed by Stealth , DRC , Riley , Kunz and C & R , as I recall. There were 21 or 22 constructed by most accounts and one owner told me there might be 18 possibly available for "gold crown retro-fit" if owners make that investment ( or find buyers who will commit to the new series ).
It is these cars that get the new nose and side pods as the originals were said to be "ugly" by most opinions. The ugly big-ass tail tank remains ?....

A newly constructed car for 2010 is being developed once again by DRC and Riley , along with the newly formed Ashmore company. It is my understanding that these cars of new construction are in close accordance to the design of the new car displayed at PRI by USAC. Those 2006-2007 models will only receive a "similar appearing" nose and pods to that of the new 2010 model. Close but no cigar ?

The road course compatibility test was performed with the older car as the newer chassis ( not available at test time ) is expected to have only subtle difference in driving characteristics as it is virtually the same product.

Seems the "new" Gold Crown is derived from the "old" New Generation SC ... same product but with a new look !
I'm not sure how most will see this as the "change" to fix the ills of the former series that becomes the 2010 debut ?

:rolleyes:
dirtywhiteboy
  #147 1/4/09 5:57 AM
Originally Posted by sc96:
Yes the owners adv.group IS running the show as fare as the Goldcrown goes! Who is going to pay the purse the title sponser that has not been released yet!
Maybe becuase they are like the IRL in that they don't have a title sponsor. It's being promised and promised and promised but you know what they don't have one. They are using the hype to try and find one and baiting people to commit to the series in hopes a sponsor coes along but in these economic times, it's impossible to find one for a series with NO tv coverage, a low fanbase, and something that is completely experimental.
grinch (Offline)
  #148 1/4/09 8:40 AM
i was trying to stay out of this discussion but can not. exactly what paul gray said in his post is bound to happen. there are 20 or so old/new cars that can be retrofitted to run under these new rules ........AND 2 of the car builders are going to make a couple new cars to run in this new series......oh yes i`m sure all the older? new/old cars will not be at a disadvantage against these new cars......i cannot believe knowing the competitiveness of the old/new car owners that they will want to invest more money to run against these newer designed cars. the purses sure looked attractive but this idea seemed doomed from the start........remember the old deal about not throwing a shovel to the guy thats stuck way deep in a hole?
Closed Thread