IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #31 5/10/13 3:54 PM
Sadly I kind agree with him. Govt creates conditions unfavorable to people attending.

I don't go to reds of Bengals games due to 8 dollar beers and a total ban on smoking *EVEN OUTSIDE THE SEATING AREA* Memorial day and other holidays used to be major camping and event weekends, Now travel is hindered by subsidized harrasement revinue enhancement patrols. Where I feel its better just to stay home and reduce the risk of a 150.00 ticket for some ******** non law breaking charge and yes, THEY MAKE STUFF UP like following too close because the dude in front of you slammed his brakes when he seen them.

Im sure some sponsors wouldn't like it but Dumping the Liquor license and adding a ice cream machine would probably be way more profitable. That totally removes that facet of the Excise police.

Charles Nungester
2 Likes: SPRINTCAR, Xflagman
Kim Rudisell (Offline)
  #32 5/10/13 4:14 PM
Originally Posted by chrismattlin:
The general purposes of the Alcohol & Tobacco Commission's work, as defined by law, are:
....To provide for the raising of revenue.
DUH!

When you realize that the government is a FOR PROFIT CORPORATION you will understand what is going on.

Let me tell you this much- No cop is searching anything of mine without a warrant signed by a judge. I value my unalienable rights greatly, including the 4th Amendment. The People have NO rights when they are not willing to fight for them.

As far as some tracks being "allowed" to sell alcohol while simultaneously allowing carry-in, and others not, well that is referred to as "Selective Enforcement" and is utterly UNLAWFUL.

It's a shame that Lawrenceburg Speedway sits on Dearborn County property, for if it didn't, Rudy could tell the Pigs, err Cops to take a hike.

It'll be tough now to get my friends (the ones who aren't hardcore racers) to come out to the track now- I always hyped it up to them that even if they didn't especially enjoy the racing, they could enjoy the tail-gating all throughout the evening. I suppose now I'll just come with my Dad instead of bringing a half-dozen paying customers along.
Chris, not looking to get into debate on this topic, I just wanted to clear this up for you...by letting you know by not letting our staff, who will be observed by an officer, take a quick looksie is totally your right, but, please understand that we do reserve the right to refuse back stretch parking access, and will do so if someone does not abide by this policy. Also, just want to clear this up as well: You can still drink beer on the back stretch, you just can not BYOB.

It is not meant to be an infringement on anyone's experience or privacy. They are only looking for alcoholic beverages...so, if you pop your trunk and it has 4 illegal immigrants, the president, 3 stolen flat screen TV's, Oprah, and a dead cat.....that's really not any of our business...as long as there is no alcohol in there!!

I could sit here and type for hours and explain the whos/whats/whys, but people will still disagree and not fully understand the law, policies, and consequences.

Thank you for your understanding.
14 Likes: 3wide, Bill Gardner, Bobv, Charles Nungester, cowboyhar69, fish, jim goerge, Kansasdirtfan, luckybuc97, PARKS, PJ Wright, pjohnson, ronmil, Xflagman
jim goerge (Offline)
  #33 5/10/13 5:02 PM
Kim So as long as I ditch the dead cat its cool?
Dave Rudisell (Offline)
  #34 5/10/13 5:08 PM
This Saturday May 11th
Racing to Feature: Lawrenceburg Chevrolet Sprints, Budweiser UMP Modifieds, Impact Sports Pure Stocks, & the Zimmer Tractor Hornets.
Budweiser Fan Appreciation Night: Pre race concert featuring the Killers B's
Racing to Feature:
Lawrenceburg Chevrolet Sprints, Budweiser UMP Modifieds, Impact Sports Pure Stocks, & the Zimmer Tractor Hornets.

Times:
Pit Gate: 4:00pm
Front Gate: 4:00pm
Pre Race Concert: 4:00pm-6:00pm
Hot Laps: 6:00pm
Racing: 7:00pm
Prices:
Adult: $15
Kids 7-12: $7
6 & Under: FREE
Pit Pass: $25 (all ages)

Posted via Mobile Device

Posted via Mobile Device
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #35 5/10/13 5:13 PM
Weathers looking great and ^^^^^ Includes a free Beer-Chocolate milk and other samples.

Killer B's Rock, Bring in the Lawn Chair for a hour or so.

Charles Nungester
SPRINTCAR (Offline)
  #36 5/10/13 6:45 PM
How much does a beer cost?
Tim Watson (Offline)
  #37 5/10/13 7:09 PM
We can't hardly bring beer in to anywhere here in cheeseland. Softball association sells beer so no carry ins, race track has no carry in signs on the fence before you enter so you shouldn't even have it in the parking lot.
cowboyhar69 (Offline)
  #38 5/10/13 7:33 PM
Originally Posted by SPRINTCAR:
How much does a beer cost?
If I remember correctly it is either $2.25 or $2.50.....cheaper than the local watering hole we went to last night across from the HAR shop!!

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy
Dave Rudisell (Offline)
  #39 5/10/13 7:39 PM
Normally it's $3 but tomorrow is $2.50 and Budweiser will be doing a FREE beer sampling from 4-6pm during the pre race concert. Thanks, and Happy Mothers Day to all of my racing family Moms!

Posted via Mobile Device
cowboyhar69 (Offline)
  #40 5/10/13 8:04 PM
My bad, Dave...Been awhile since I was in the regular grandstands...the last couple of years I have always been in the pits.

Still cheaper than where we were last night!!

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy