IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lawrenceburg Heads Up regarding back stretch parking
5/6/13, 11:08 PM   #1
Lawrenceburg Heads Up regarding back stretch parking
TheLip2

Thought this might be important for a few of you so I am reposting this message from Facebook.

Lawrenceburg Speedway Recently posted the following on Facebook:

ATTENTION BACK-STRETCH PATRONS:

It is our primary objective to serve the needs of all of our race fans and to make sure everyone has a wonderful time. It is also our objective to obey Indiana State Law.
Due to recent infractions, and observations by Indiana Excise Police , We now must enforce the following:
**Any individual brining a vehicle to park on the backstretch MUST pop the trunk/open doors for a Lawrenceburg Speedway Staff Member, observed by a law enforcement officer, to check for and inside any coolers or obvious objects that could contain alcoholic beverages. **
We would like to remind you that this has always been the law, and has always been our policy. We have always checked coolers being carried in and trusted that fans were compliant with Indiana State Law.
This is not meant to be an infringement on anyone’s experience. We have 2 choices: Our only choice is to be compliant, or, we will have to chose to ban all parking on the back stretch. Individuals who refuse to allow the cooler/vehicle check will NOT be granted parking access to the back stretch area.
Law Enforcement Officers will now be monitoring the area for this activity. Please comply, as we do not want to see any of our race fans ticketed or asked to leave.
We greatly appreciate your cooperation with this and look forward to seeing you at the races!

5/6/13, 11:43 PM   #2
Re: Lawrenceburg Heads Up regarding back stretch parking
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Awaiting the bash fest.

5/6/13, 11:51 PM   #3
Phylo82

Not sure why anyone would bash this but knowing how things tend to go out here I'm sure someone will.

It's really no different than going to a Reds or Bengals game and having a coat or bag checked before you're allowed in.

Posted via Mobile Device
#13e Maxim Sprint
Owner, Crew Chief, Pit Crew, Hauler, Check Writer, Grunt

2 members like this post: interpreter66, Kim Rudisell
5/6/13, 11:56 PM   #4
Charles Nungester

They posted on FB earlier and I seen two just litterally, I'll never be back again type post.

Nevermind its' always been posted and the law, It was just never policed too much. Seems that decision has been made for them

1 member likes this post: apexonephoto
5/7/13, 12:07 AM   #5
Phylo82

It doesn't take much to infuriate people these days.....you'd think L'Burg charged $7.50 for a beer like the Reds or Bengals.

Posted via Mobile Device
#13e Maxim Sprint
Owner, Crew Chief, Pit Crew, Hauler, Check Writer, Grunt

1 member likes this post: apexonephoto
5/7/13, 5:54 AM   #6
PAW

Why didn't Dave post this on here ??

Posted via Mobile Device

5/7/13, 6:49 AM   #7
Dyno Don

What I do not understand about this is why is The Burg being treated like this by the cops?

IMS, THAT, IRP and Tri-State to name a few, all sell beer and you can still bring in your own beer. Is it a county law and not a state law? I would think if it is a state law no one could allow carry in beer.

5/7/13, 6:59 AM   #8
PAW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyno Don View Post
What I do not understand about this is why is The Burg being treated like this by the cops?

IMS, THAT, IRP and Tri-State to name a few, all sell beer and you can still bring in your own beer. Is it a county law and not a state law? I would think if it is a state law no one could allow carry in beer.
If the track makes the money,you can't bring in beer. If someone else sells it and makes the money, you can bring it in..

Posted via Mobile Device

5/7/13, 7:53 AM   #9
openwheelKT

Race Count Last Year: 73

I'm not sure if it's state law or by county. Obviously, there are laws/permits that allow alcohol into certain venues. I don't know if certain places can't get that type of permit (county thing) or choose not to (costs more to get it). Maybe only certain places are able to obtain those permits. Would love an explanation because I've always wondered what the difference is. Everytime this sort of thing happens, people get all bent about it...having an uderstanding might be good.

If you're a "race fan" and you stay away from a track because of cooler laws, then you aren't much of a fan. Stay home and drink I guess.

5/7/13, 8:19 AM   #10
Charles Nungester

It all has to do with the type permit the track holds.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lawrenceburg Heads Up regarding back stretch parking