IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
hacksaw (Offline)
  #11 5/13/10 3:58 PM
I thought everyting went well considering the weather. Hats off to Tony and crew for a job well done
Mud Packer (Offline)
  #12 5/13/10 11:39 PM
Originally Posted by jim goerge:
You think that with the BOSS being there thathad anything to do with not cancelling
No I don't think that. I KNOW THAT!!!!!!!! Would you want to tell him that they were going to cancel the show AGAIN?

Mike

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante
#1Brad Kuhn Fan (Offline)
  #13 5/13/10 11:50 PM
Been to around 10 eldora shows and that was by far the best show i have seen there. great crowd for a cold wedesday night! awsome group of competive race cars. Gascity, terre Haute, kokomo-here i come... Everyone have a safe and enjoyable weekend.
cowboyhar69 (Offline)
  #14 5/14/10 12:07 AM
Originally Posted by Tim Watson:
How much rain did Eldora get in the last couple days? It's amazing how mother nature can ruin a night at the track with a late afternoon shower....but on the other hand if the shower comes earlier in the day it can be a huge help.
Tim,
I live on the east side of Cincinnati and it has rained here every day beginning last Saturday. I'm assuming Eldora got the same weather and little if no sun like we have had. The farm fields on the drive up had a lot of standing water on them.
sam (Offline)
  #15 5/14/10 8:21 AM
Originally Posted by Tim Watson:
How much rain did Eldora get in the last couple days? It's amazing how mother nature can ruin a night at the track with a late afternoon shower....but on the other hand if the shower comes earlier in the day it can be a huge help.
The weather was nice over the week-end. Planted beans Sunday and Monday. Rained Monday late night and Tuesday AM. Nice the balance of Tuesday. Rained Wed. from about 11:00 until 2:30. Had .8 Monday and .3 Wed. (I was about 15 mile from the track)
Seadog (Offline)
  #16 5/14/10 8:22 AM
Originally Posted by cowboyhar69:
Tim,
I live on the east side of Cincinnati and it has rained here every day beginning last Saturday. I'm assuming Eldora got the same weather and little if no sun like we have had. The farm fields on the drive up had a lot of standing water on them.
Hey Cowboyhar69 - O. T., but how about your mayor and one of your cops? Sounds like the cop was getting some fringe benefits while on the job, huh?

Good old GPS.

My wife is originally from Milford and I lived as a child in Mt. Repose, so I kind of keep an eye on what's going on up your way.
racefanindy (Offline)
  #17 5/14/10 6:42 PM
Congrats to the Eldora track crew. I went to the Outlaws show Saturday night & the USAC race Wednesday night. Both nights, the track was in great shape and as smooth as I've seen it in a long time.