IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Closed Thread
Tim Watson (Offline)
  #131 1/31/11 8:50 PM
Originally Posted by BIGEBUDMAN:
Hang on Tim, your gonna get pounded
Looks like you will get some snow to huh?
terrehautian (Offline)
  #132 1/31/11 9:13 PM
Originally Posted by PAW:
We're right on the line rain-ice. 30 miles north maybe 2in ice. That will suck.
Hi from the ice zone......parking lots are skating rinks already since about 5pm.
Mud Packer (Offline)
  #133 1/31/11 9:18 PM
A light but steady wintry mix here in the Redbud City. Please be careful and if you don't have to go out, stay home.

Mike

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante
terrehautian (Offline)
  #134 1/31/11 9:39 PM
Originally Posted by Mud Packer:
A light but steady wintry mix here in the Redbud City. Please be careful and if you don't have to go out, stay home.
What if you boss says not to go home! (hasn't said it yet, but I would not not expect it {yes double negative, I know}) Oh, hey, it's overtime and I got a bed and all in my vehicle ready for deployment and plenty of food. In one way, I am sorta hoping they say that, don't know if they will or not. Might say that tomorrow when it is going to be much worse.
Need For Speed (Offline)
  #135 2/1/11 11:55 AM
40 minutes NE of Dayton, OH,

Sleet and freezing rain.

The crap started at 8pm last night. I peeked outside at 6:15 this morning, 1/4"-3/8" of ice on everything, and freezing rain coming down. It's been non-stop freezing rain since then
IndyBound (Offline)
  #136 2/1/11 2:39 PM
Hope everyone stays safe!!! I am not going to whine about a possible freeze and only a high of 49 in the valley of the sun on Wed., however the PGA Golfers might.

Patti
Mud Packer (Offline)
  #137 2/1/11 2:48 PM
As I am typing this, the power is flickering and the freezing rain is coming down. Hopefully we don't lose power here at the office. If we do, I am sure that I will at home. It seems to go out about once a month in good weather.

Hope everyone is safe and warm. If you have to go out, be careful and drive knowing the roads are poor at best. If you don't have to leave the house, stay home.

Mike

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante
Tim Watson (Offline)
  #138 2/1/11 9:36 PM
Just got in from cleaning up 8" of crystallized frozen precipitation and the heavy stuff hasn't started yet. The winds are howling so the drifting tonight will be fast and furious. Had the Lawn Boy riding mower out today pulling the kids through the sub division on their snow coasters. When the county plow driver came through he was laughing at us and giving me the . We had about 6 people call in this morning that they can't make it to work and i think tomorrow will break an all time record. You know it's bad when school lets out early right after the kids eat lunch and Wednesday is already cancelled for schools here. It took me 8 BEER's to clean up the driveway.
illiNOISE (Offline)
  #139 2/2/11 7:38 PM
Originally Posted by Tim Watson:
Had the Lawn Boy riding mower out today pulling the kids through the sub division on their snow coasters. It took me 8 BEER's to clean up the driveway.
I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and presume there was some time elapsed between these two events.

Even Roman Chariots ran non-wing, and on dirt. Hail Caesar!
Tim Watson (Offline)
  #140 2/2/11 7:45 PM
Originally Posted by illiNOISE:
I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and presume there was some time elapsed between these two events.
Just enough time to pee once and put some gas in the mower.

Well is everyone surviving this winter mess?
Closed Thread