IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Jerry Spencer (Offline)
  #11 5/18/15 11:01 AM
I wish I had known as I would have paid to get the kids in and I will just about bet had it been brought to Jill or one of the families attettion the kids would have been sitting in the stands fans for life.
I am not saying everyone should get a pass but a kid is the future to the sport we all know and love.

Jerry #66j
stida.com/ Halfmoon Resturant & Brewery / Colescotts Mobil 1
26 Likes: 5JMOFFATTFAN!, bighd0522, Bobv, davidm, Dblchkrs, dickster, DirtHawk92, Eatin Dirt, FALCONEDDIE, fish, flagboy55, hairracer44, hbmundy, i love dirt track racing, illinifan, Indy1808, IndyBound, interpreter66, JarrettFarms73, jim goerge, Kansasdirtfan, luckybuc97, oldfan49, racing2bwithu2, Ty, wildman92
Leohr46 (Offline)
  #12 5/18/15 11:02 AM
Bring the family out to Chandler. Come check it out for yourself. Last Friday night front gate was only 10 dollars.
17B (Offline)
  #13 5/18/15 11:08 AM
And this week Saturday night action consists of non wing mini sprints, mods, street stock, pure stock and mini stock for $10 and 10 under free at Chandler motor speedway
illinisprintfan (Offline)
  #14 5/18/15 11:11 AM
Originally Posted by Leohr46:
Bring the family out to Chandler. Come check it out for yourself. Last Friday night front gate was only 10 dollars.
When Kevin B. was promoting Flora, it was probably the most kid friendly track I have ever seen. Easter egg hunts, on track autographs, kid's clubs with kids presenting the trophies to the winners. I suspect he will do the same at Chandler. He knows how to promote and get fans, including kids in the seats.
5 Likes: DirtHawk92, Indy1808, IndyBound, Leohr46, nathans1012
wingless1 (Offline)
  #15 5/18/15 11:13 AM
O.K. Heath, that was pretty funny....sadly Jags tickets are easy to come by, I have not gone yet, my wife gets tickets for free all the time, I've heard the stadium is awesome!! They nearly sell the stadium out for the Monster truck jam. Volusia County charges $35 for the World of Outlaws, I guess that's standard for the WoO.
ThrowbackRacingTeam (Offline)
  #16 5/18/15 11:30 AM
Angell Park in Wisconsin used to have a ton of kids every Sunday and it still died out. The problem is that auto racing is looked down upon in most social circles, especially in medium to large sized cities. So, what's the solution? I have no idea. I was hooked at 3 years old when I heard my first race car engines at the fairgrounds. I don't know how it's possible not to be hooked.
3 Likes: cleatziff, DirtHawk92, JarrettFarms73
racemaniac (Offline)
  #17 5/18/15 11:32 AM
Took 2 nephews to the Usac show at Bloomington last month.thought I would go the extra mile and take them to the pits, 90.00 bucks later I sat in the stands wondering why a 9 and 13 year old is the same price as a adult.they enjoyed the pits but it won't be on uncle next time.. unless its affordable we'll never have a next generation.
Charles Nungester (Online)
  #18 5/18/15 11:35 AM
I just always remember growing up it was like ten and under free. 12-15 about half price. Think they even had a student price a couple dollars less than adult.

Of course we played the age game for a year or two after expiration.

Don't know how all the USAC races are handled but thats kinda crazy. Think Cincy Reds offer nights family of 4 for 48 bucks and that includes a hotdog and small drink.

Charles Nungester
5 Likes: DirtHawk92, dkdorkboy, FALCONEDDIE, Indy1808, nathans1012
Longtime sprinter (Offline)
  #19 5/18/15 12:35 PM
Jerry, funny you said that, all the way home to Cincinnati I was cussing myself for not reaching out, and trying to help out by at least paying one fee. It happened so fast, mom & dad were pissed and left rather quick. Everyone understand this, the race program was run great, races were fantastic, and I do not mind paying the entry. But look at the economy, the ones like me that can afford to pay, are getting old. (Dammit) we need to build interest for the future. And I don't just mean 10 years away, but next week. Guess what, this couple and there kids will not be back, and will tell their friends, and so on and so on. It makes good business sense to have reduced rates for kids under driving age. There could also be specials run, scout night, youth sports night. L.burg does a good job of this?
4 Likes: DirtHawk92, IndyBound, racing2bwithu2, Shawn Harper
dsc1600 (Offline)
  #20 5/18/15 2:10 PM
12 is probably too young for an adult admission. At 16, you can drive and probably have a job so I can live with that. I'm not sure I would have gone to as many races with my dad as a kid if the admission had been the adult price I can tell you that.
4 Likes: Charles Nungester, flagboy55, Indy1808, IndyBound