IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Closed Thread
Bad Dad 54 (Offline)
  #11 12/12/10 1:35 AM
Drove home from the Christmas Party & it was raining here in Michigan. Thats ok no races scheduled & ya don't have to shovel rain. Keep hearing we're supposed get all this snow but so far nothing. Just keep sayin it weather person you'll get right one of these days.
IndyBound (Offline)
  #12 12/12/10 1:52 AM
Originally Posted by Ovalmeister:
Good luck Tim......the storm has finally passed through here in Minneapolis. 21 inches of snow! The 40 mph wind is causing 6 to 7 foot drifts. Overnight temps are expected to be -30 degrees. Yes NEGATIVE 30 degrees! Unfortunately I'm working tonight 7pm to 7am. And it's my birthday. And no beer. Remind me again why I left Arizona???

ps....Scott, you're an A$$.
just kidding, we still love ya.

The good news is the NY Giants, who are supposed to play the Vikes here tomorrow, are stuck in the Kansas City airport.
Happy Birthday David!!! Will telling you it is going to be 80 or 81 the next two days here in Phoenix help remind you why you left? Hope you and Tim both make it through these storms without too much trouble. An I also hope these storms don't travel to far east, I am flying to Syracuse on Thursday, they don't need any more snow on top of the nearly 40" they got earlier this week. Nor do I need to end up stranded in a airport like the Giants are.

Patti
illiNOISE (Offline)
  #13 12/12/10 4:44 AM
Originally Posted by Bad Dad 54:
Drove home from the Christmas Party & it was raining here in Michigan. Thats ok no races scheduled & ya don't have to shovel rain. Keep hearing we're supposed get all this snow but so far nothing. Just keep sayin it weather person you'll get right one of these days.
From the way the TV metorologists around here were talking earlier this week, you would've thought this was going to be the Blizzard of the Century. Now we're just supposed to get a half-inch. I know they have to do it to pump up the ratings, but I get tired of every time there's a hint of snow, we get to hear promos like "Will a dangerous winter storm hamper your travel plans or endanger your family this weekend? Stay tuned as the 10:00 Action News Weather team goes into "SnowStormMode." Action News, Looking out for you!"

Even Roman Chariots ran non-wing, and on dirt. Hail Caesar!
racegal (Offline)
  #14 12/12/10 11:28 AM
Happy Birthday Ovalmeister!!!
The weather outside here was pretty frightful last night!! But I made it to work this morning!!

DD FAN-atic!! Susan St. Catherine
God bless America and our troops
watkinsgrady (Offline)
  #15 12/12/10 11:28 AM
Originally Posted by Scott Daloisio:
82 here today and supposed to be 86 tomorrow! Sorry, I just could not resist.
Scott
82 here yesterday in Phoenix, my tee time was 8:56 and it was a bit chilli (58) so I think I'll wait until noon to play today

Grady
IndyBound (Offline)
  #16 12/12/10 11:33 AM
Hope everyone stayed safe during this mid-west winter storm!

Happy Holidays!

Patti
bigmojo5
  #17 12/12/10 11:49 AM
WE have a newspaper this week for the Hawkeye Racing News, so there's no days off even with a blizzard warning and temps expected to be below zero.
Ovalmeister (Offline)
  #18 12/12/10 3:27 PM
Thanks Patti and Susan and Tim!

I wasn't exaggerating about the amount of snow we received yesterday. Check out the attached video of the Metrodome roof collapsing. I guess no Vikings home game this week!
David.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5NXx...eature=channel
racegal (Offline)
  #19 12/12/10 3:31 PM
[QUOTE=Ovalmeister;206014]Thanks Patti and Susan!

I wasn't exaggerating about the amount of snow we received yesterday. Check out the attached video of the Metrodome roof collapsing. I guess no Vikings home game this week!
David.

You're welcome!!
My husband is very distressed about the Vikings situation!!!!
Thanks for sharing the video!

DD FAN-atic!! Susan St. Catherine
God bless America and our troops
sprntr (Offline)
  #20 12/12/10 5:11 PM
[QUOTE=racegal;206015]
Originally Posted by Ovalmeister:
Thanks Patti and Susan!

David.

You're welcome!!
My husband is very distressed about the Vikings situation!!!!
Thanks for sharing the video!
As David said, we got 20+ inches here in The Twin Cities Metro area. Fortunately, the wind died down quite a bit about the time the snow stopped last night. Major highway closures across southern MN, i.e. Interstate 90 closed from the Wisconsin border to Sioux Falls, SD, I-35 closed south of the Twin Cities into Iowa.

Got the driveway cleared yesterday but the snowblower threw a rod just as I finished up , so I had to hand shovel the 3 ft wall the city plowed into my driveway this morning. All the snowblower dealers in the Twin Cities are sold out, so I had to order a new one. Hope it comes soon!

Vikes play the Giants in Detroit tomorrow night, since the weight of the snow caused the Metrodome's roof to collapse. Didn't the architect know it SNOWS here?

steiny - snowed in but well equipped with liquid refreshments.
Closed Thread