IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Closed Thread
sc96 (Offline)
  #121 1/2/09 9:01 PM
Originally Posted by SUPERDUKE:
SO YOU THINK CAR OWNERS ARE GOING TO KEEP DOING THIS? LOOSE MONEY IF YOU WIN!!!!! YOU LOSE MONEY EVERY TIME YOU RUN A CAR TODAY!!!!! INSTEAD OF NEW BODYS AND CARS YOU SHOULD BEING DOING SOMETHING ABOUT A COST OF RACING LIKE -ENGINES- TIRES -ENTRY FEES- PIT PASS! GOING 1800 MILES ONE WAY TO RUN ONE RACE!!!!!!!!!!! AND WHY DO YOU NEED TWO CARS ONE FOR DIRT AND ONE FOR PAVEMENT??????????? HOW DUMB IS THAT???????? WE RACE FOR YEARS VERY WELL WITH ONE CAR! IN CHAMP CARS SPRINT CARS AND MIDGETS!!!!!!!! NOW THE COST IS CRAZY AND NO ONE DOING ANYTHING ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!:angry-smiley-007:
We were breaking even on race expenses when we ran the new gen cars yes Nascar was padding the purse but it showed us it could be done. The program that is being worked on now to be put in place when the goldcrown cars come back out has a payout system to let the car owners break even from 1st to last. The problem with needing 2 cars one pavement and one for dirt is a can that won"t get closed for nothing. That also is where I think the Gold crown has a positive side all pavement races no dirt. I personally think they should split all the div have a pavement champ and a dirt champ. It"s not perfect but it lets the small team"s have a chance at some type of recognition. I tell you what would be a great deal a series that ran dirt and pavement but you had to run the same chassis.
SUPERDUKE (Offline)
  #122 1/2/09 9:21 PM
Originally Posted by sc96:
We were breaking even on race expenses when we ran the new gen cars yes Nascar was padding the purse but it showed us it could be done. The program that is being worked on now to be put in place when the goldcrown cars come back out has a payout system to let the car owners break even from 1st to last. The problem with needing 2 cars one pavement and one for dirt is a can that won"t get closed for nothing. That also is where I think the Gold crown has a positive side all pavement races no dirt. I personally think they should split all the div have a pavement champ and a dirt champ. It"s not perfect but it lets the small team"s have a chance at some type of recognition. I tell you what would be a great deal a series that ran dirt and pavement but you had to run the same chassis.
:doh::headbang WHAT DO I SAY???????????? RUN THE SAME CAR ON DIRT AND PAVEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE RUN THE DIRT CARS IN THE POCONO 500 WITH REAR ENGINE CHAMP CARS IN 1981! THE LAST 500 WON BY AJ FOYT!:applaud::checkered:
sc96 (Offline)
  #123 1/2/09 10:02 PM
I have no idea about what changes you would need to make on the glodcrown cars to make them run on dirt. I have very little experience with dirt chasis last thing I ran on dirt was a speedway midget in southern california then some micro stuff. So for me to make any type of comment on the things that need to happen for goldcrown cars to run dirt would be like asking a Amishman to set up a Indy car.
SUPERDUKE (Offline)
  #124 1/3/09 12:14 AM
I have no idea about what changes you would need to make on the glodcrown cars to make them run on dirt. I have very little experience with dirt chasis last thing I ran on dirt was a speedway midget in southern california then some micro stuff. So for me to make any type of comment on the things that need to happen for goldcrown cars to run dirt would be like asking a Amishman to set up a Indy car.
WHAT CAN I SAY? I GIVE UP!:headbang
dirtywhiteboy
  #125 1/3/09 7:37 AM
Originally Posted by SUPERDUKE:
WHAT CAN I SAY? I GIVE UP!:headbang

Sadly Duke it took you this long to realize that. I for one agree with you 110%. Run the same car on dirt AND pavement. That will reduce costs instantly by not requiring two cars. Stop building special motors with pavement parts or long track cams and all this stuff. Build one engine with enough guts in it to make it last on what ever track you are running on.

It has been done before and NEEDS to be done now. The purses are the same as they were 20 years ago and thus should dictate that the cars you run should be comparable to that.

Has anyone looked into what it would take to make a Gold Crown car run on dirt? Only a series that has dirt and pavement in it can really crown a true national champion. Being good on only one racing surface type doesn't mean much. It means you were the best pavement or dirt driver in that series, not in the nation.
illiNOISE (Offline)
  #126 1/3/09 9:08 AM
For me to make any type of comment on the things that need to happen for goldcrown cars to run dirt would be like asking a Amishman to set up a Indy car.
That would be one interesting looking pit crew.:O:

Even Roman Chariots ran non-wing, and on dirt. Hail Caesar!
miledirt (Offline)
  #127 1/3/09 1:01 PM
Do the big block mods on east coast run pavement and dirt, same chassis?
Bobv (Offline)
  #128 1/3/09 1:20 PM
Originally Posted by miledirt:
Do the big block mods on east coast run pavement and dirt, same chassis?
Not in the last 40 years or so.
sc96 (Offline)
  #129 1/3/09 2:00 PM
I did a little research on the using one chassis for dirt and pavement the guy"s are still laughing at me for asking. I guess that boat sailed with the Mayflower.:O:
dirtywhiteboy
  #130 1/3/09 3:58 PM
I did a little research on the using one chassis for dirt and pavement the guy"s are still laughing at me for asking. I guess that boat sailed with the Mayflower.:O:
Wow, I didn't know the Mayflower sialed at the begining of the 21st century. That was wehn the Focus series started and guess what. The original intent of that series was using one chassis for BOTH PAVEMENT AND DIRT.

That was until the money people came in and USAC allowed them to screw it up.

Basicly, I'd say go ahead and do whatever the hell you want to with the Gold Crown cars. If you think that only pavement chassis cars and road courses is the future you want then more power to you. The damage USAC has done to the Silver Crown cars with fewer and fewer races, low purse payout, and the split they made with the long time car owners by going to the NASCAR backed New Gen cars will only continue to fester until the series (and "club") dies as a whole.
Closed Thread