IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #11 9/10/16 10:48 AM
Might be going to Millstream. Not decided yet, these long trips are adding up the mileage. But some racing is better than no racing.

I believe it was probably 1988 on the parking lot fire. That year was so dry. Our next door neighbor's field caught fire. Florence went to by weekly so as not to run out of water in their feeder pond and driving to eldora in august the corn wasn't knee high.

Last time I was there Jeff Gordon was driving in the All Stars and Danny Eichler won the LM race, I was going nuts for Echler in the stands as he was a local Champ at LBurg (And still racing BTW) and everyone was looking at me funny because most didn't know him in the yellow D1 LM.

Anyhow it was year or two after they had moved the pits outside the track. So thats my best estimate. Think it was called Flag City at the time.

Hope they can run at Montpillier tonight. Right now it's looking like the bulk of the rain is at or near the area but behind that not much. the front is in mid ILL and should be through IN mid day.

Charles Nungester
  #12 9/10/16 11:29 AM
From BOSS
Rain has stopped and is out of Montpelier. Track crews are evaluating to see if they can dissipate the standing water. They want to make the final decision at noon. Please stay tuned for updates.

Charles Nungester
Jerry Spencer (Offline)
  #13 9/10/16 12:02 PM
[QUOTE=Charles Nungester;457707]From BOSS
Rain has stopped and is out of Montpelier. Track crews are evaluating to see if they can dissipate the standing water. They want to make the final decision at noon. Please stay tuned for updates.[/QUOTE

Does not look good here at home again, we are just glad nothing bad happened last night as it did come close again. What happened to the good ole days of tornadoes in the spring and just thunderstorms in the fall?

Jerry #66j
dkdorkboy (Offline)
  #14 9/10/16 12:17 PM
Per BOSS FACEBOOK post the race is on.

Ancient wise man say man who get into race for free never see bad race.
2 Likes: Charles Nungester, i love dirt track racing
  #15 9/10/16 12:33 PM
Home Of the Montpelier Motor Speedway - Montpelier, Indiana
18 mins ·

As of Noon - WE ARE RACING TONIGHT at the Montpelier Motor Speedway! The rain is out of the area with a good forecast this afternoon and evening!!! We need help from our fans and race teams, we need you to show up in full support tonight! We need you here tonight! It will be an awesome program with the BOSS Sprints, UMP Modifieds, Super Streets, and Thunder Cars!

Charles Nungester
2 Likes: i love dirt track racing, PIT CART
jjg30 (Offline)
  #16 9/10/16 1:07 PM
Is there handicap seating there
Newport13 (Offline)
  #17 9/10/16 1:35 PM
Tonight's race has been cancelled at Montpelier.