View Single Post
10/13/11, 9:31 PM   #61
Re: Is the Kokomo Klash Sprint entry fee fair
bloard

Quote:
Originally Posted by burris7555 View Post
I do not own nor drive a car. However I am around it enough to have a very good idea about what is going on behind the scenes money wise.

For a competitive team its a minimum at least of around 500 dollars a night to drop the trailer door. My point is, you have a 15k roller, 20k engine, whats another 30 dollars to enter your car in this race?

Most competitors are not going to worry about paying the extra 30 bucks to enter. Majority will be thinking that is 30 dollars less they get at the payout window after they win the A.
I think you are seriously overestimating the lack of financial concern of most teams that consider themselves 'competitive'... if not on the verge of outright insulting the intelligence of those who own, drive, or fund 'competitive' rides.

When a barrel of fuel goes up by $30, we notice and it ultimately impacts the ability of some teams to continue. When diesel goes up by a buck a gallon, we notice and it ultimately impacts the ability of some teams to continue. When tires increase in cost by $20, we notice and it ultimately impacts the ability of some teams to continue. And when the cost to even participate goes up by $20-30 through an entry fee, we notice and it ultimately impacts the ability of some teams to continue.

A guy might own a 20,000 fishing boat as a hobby, but that doesn't mean that he's going to go to the lake if they charge him $30 to drop his boat in the water.
Last edited by bloard; 10/13/11 at 9:34 PM.

3 members like this post: AustinSprinter, Russ, wvwildthg