IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
colt45 (Offline)
  #1 7/7/17 12:21 PM
An up and coming sprint car driver lost his complete racing operation in a garage fire last night. Thankful the house and everyone is ok. Let's just hope someone gives this young driver a ride to finish out the season. If you own a sprint car or know someone who does have them contact Brandon Morin Racing via Facebook or PM me for number.
ryan84 (Offline)
  #2 7/7/17 12:31 PM
Man I hate to hear this, he has been getting better and better. Hope he gets a chance to run a car
5 Likes: LUCKYONE, lukesmith, Morin Racing 98, superstock30, WinglessLovers
Kydehart (Offline)
  #3 7/7/17 12:37 PM
That is awful. Prayers to the family. Thankful everyone is ok but I can't imagine how devestating it is to lose your entire racing operation. Hopefully someone gives him a shot.
4 Likes: LUCKYONE, Morin Racing 98, superstock30, WinglessLovers
WinglessLovers (Offline)
  #4 7/7/17 2:24 PM
So sad to hear this terrible news. Hopefully everyone from the family and crew are OK as cars can be replaced but not people. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the entire Morin Racing team and hope they can right the ship and get back to the track as soon as possible. Hang in there Morin family and persevere.

Bruce Eckel
5 Likes: Danny Burton, LUCKYONE, lukesmith, Morin Racing 98, Pat O'Connor Fan
superstock30 (Offline)
  #5 7/7/17 4:07 PM
I hate to hear this, Brandon and Steve are good guys.
7 Likes: Agentry10, Leohr46, LUCKYONE, lukesmith, Morin Racing 98, Pat O'Connor Fan, racing2a
colt45 (Offline)
  #6 7/8/17 12:14 AM
Please help spread the word on his abilities and the need to find a ride. Reach out on Facebook and twitter. Let's be sure we get his name out in front of everyone
Morin98 (Offline)
  #7 7/8/17 6:55 AM
Thank you for all the kind words! Yesterday everything except for 2 vehicles and our house were lost.. Im very thankful that my family is still here with me today!
-BM
21 Likes: 2fast4u, addictedtodirt, Agentry10, Bobv, BrentTFunk, davidm, dirtbag, GYATK94, i love dirt track racing, interpreter66, jim goerge, Kydehart, Leohr46, LUCKYONE, Morin Racing 98, oppweld, smith19, sprint17jr, superstock30, wildman92, WinglessLovers
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #8 7/8/17 8:23 AM
Very sorry for your loss. You guys had really stepped up your game in the last year. Good thoughts for your recovery. Glad no one was hurt, and you still have a roof over your heads. I am beyond sorry.
6 Likes: Eatin Dirt, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, Morin Racing 98, superstock30, WinglessLovers
Morin Racing 98 (Offline)
  #9 7/8/17 12:12 PM
Special thanks to everyone who has helped, stopped by, called or texted over the past 24 hours. If you didn't hear, we had another big fire this morning at 6:00 am which was almost as intense as yesterday's fire, but we got it extinguished pretty quick. One of the neatest things happened a little later, we found Brandon's scrapbook of his quarter midget racing days almost 100% intact with very little water damage. That made us all feel a lot better. How this pictures survived is beyond me...

We do plan on rebuilding both the shop and the race team. Just gonna take a little time. Thanks IOW folks for the kind words.
22 Likes: 2fast4u, 767, Bobv, BrentTFunk, davidm, Dmsr, Eatin Dirt, EBookerFan, GYATK94, i love dirt track racing, interpreter66, Kpederson91, Kydehart, ledgerwood3, Leohr46, Mrs G, oppweld, Pat O'Connor Fan, smith19, Speedwrench, sprint17jr, WinglessLovers
colt45 (Offline)
  #10 7/9/17 11:28 PM