IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Aces&Eights (Offline)
  #1 4/16/17 3:44 PM
Who thinks it might be interesting to have a Silver Crown race at Indianapolis Motor Speedway? They've already done a lot of work on the cars to get them to be more adept on the higher speed ovals, maybe a race at the brickyard would boost their visibility. Just an idea to put on a more traditional race on with a more American-Indiana flavor. Maybe smaller fuel tank for better stability...
Just spit-balling to pass the time.
dirtball (Offline)
  #2 4/16/17 6:24 PM
like to see them back at the MkE mile also.
Jonr (Offline)
  #3 4/16/17 9:26 PM
OK. I will play along. How many cars did they have at their last pavement race?
LRP36 (Offline)
  #4 4/16/17 9:40 PM
I bet you there is close to 20 at Phoenix in two weeks...
2 Likes: Bostonian, tirespinner
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #5 4/16/17 9:45 PM
If you remember when they tested the cars at Nashville several years ago the speeds were so great that the rear wheels were lifting at the end of the backstretch. A mile track is where they belong. Besides that the 8000 people it would draw would make the Xfinity race look crowded.
14 Likes: Charles Nungester, erich45, flagboy55, i love dirt track racing, interpreter66, itsanonwingthing, Jared_Mossoney, Jbaldwin, jim goerge, MEAT, nathans1012, PJ Wright, SpfldMile, tirespinner
Aces&Eights (Offline)
  #6 4/16/17 11:20 PM
What do you mean by lifting? Do you mean aerodynamically they were getting lift in the rear or was it something to do with tire construction? Don't blast me for this, but what happened with the Gold Crown idea, I thought they looked pretty cool and probably suitable for high speeds, just curious.
lazyifoto (Offline)
  #7 4/16/17 11:56 PM
I would like to see a silver crown race at Lawrenceburg. ....
14 Likes: 767, bigq11, billw, Charles Nungester, chrismattlin, FishBurger, Fred Zirzow, i love dirt track racing, Jrp4554, koolaid89, LRP36, nathans1012, racer65, scottyCbus
Aces&Eights (Offline)
  #8 4/17/17 12:16 AM
Originally Posted by lazyifoto:
I would like to see a silver crown race at Lawrenceburg. ....
Now that sounds interesting.
Blackduce (Offline)
  #9 4/17/17 1:49 AM
Originally Posted by Aces&Eights:
Who thinks it might be interesting to have a Silver Crown race at Indianapolis Motor Speedway? They've already done a lot of work on the cars to get them to be more adept on the higher speed ovals, maybe a race at the brickyard would boost their visibility. Just an idea to put on a more traditional race on with a more American-Indiana flavor. Maybe smaller fuel tank for better stability...
Just spit-balling to pass the time.
Did you mean the road course??

Lynn
Aces&Eights (Offline)
  #10 4/17/17 5:31 AM
Originally Posted by Blackduce:
Did you mean the road course??

Lynn
No. Sorry.