IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > North Vernon Results! WOW What a race!
9/27/08, 11:14 PM   #1
North Vernon Results! WOW What a race!
Knoke77

Just got home from an incredible race tonight at Twin Cities. Only know the top 6 as of now but will give a small update.

19 cars

Notables: (Mix of cars from Lawrenceburg and Paragon)
Joss Moffatt
Logan Hupp
Anthony Peterman
Josh Clemmons
JR Douglas
Chase Briscoe
Arin McIntosh
Derek Franks
Tim Spindler
Tony Main
Kyle Robbins

New dirt was distributed around the track this week in hopes of filling up some of the holes the sprints have encountered this year. Unfortunately the dirt didn't stay down so the track started rutting up and new dirt blowing off.

1st heat won by Josh Clemmons who looked really good.
2nd heat won by Anthony Peterman
3rd heat won by Joss Moffatt

Heats had great racing all around even with the challenging track conditions. No B-main obviously and cars started straight up by heat finishes.

Clemmons on pole with Peterson outside. Joss Moffatt starts third with JR Douglas fourth.

Before the feature, Mason Fleetwood got out the grader and worked on the corners. This was a blessing in disguise as I saw one of the best features I have seen at North Vernon in several years.

Clemmons gets out to a great lead with Peterson and Moffatt trailing. JR Douglas was running fourth along with Main and Logan Hupp. JR spins and a few laps later Peterson spins collecting Franks who was in fourth. Kyle Robbins spins and collects Spindler and they were both done.

The first 12 laps of this feature were incredible with Clemmons leading but Peterson, Moffatt, Franks, Main and Hupp were all bumper to bumper and wheel to wheel with clean racing in every turn!

After Peterson spun this put Moffatt on Clemmons back bumper with 5 or so laps to go. Main was 3rd with Hupp 4th, McIntosh 5th and Chase Briscoe 6th and on the move.

Clemmons leads with Moffatt on his tail working underneath. Briscoe passes McIntosh and runs side by side with Hupp who is tailing Main. Hupp gets a great drive on the top in 1 and 2 and gained on Main and on the next lap slides Main for third. While this was taking place Moffatt decided it was time to determine the outcome and he hauls it into the corner passing Clemmons and taking off for the win.

Top 6:
Moffatt (AWESOME RUN MAN!!)
Clemmons
Hupp
Briscoe (Kid gets better and better every time out)
Main
McIntosh

I kid you not you could have thrown a blanket over the top 6 halfway through the race and anyone of them could have won. Great race and props to Mason for getting the track fast and passable. Everyone raced clean minus the spins and collected cars.

Great job by my nephew Logan Hupp. He had faith in the car and his crew tonight and set his mind to run up front!!

Although the "big dogs" weren't in the house I still got every penny's worth tonight and couldn't have found a better race to be at. :checkered:

Good night!
Last edited by Knoke77; 9/30/08 at 8:24 AM. Reason: Fixed all my goober mistakes!

9/27/08, 11:31 PM   #2
Re: North Vernon Results! WOW What a race!
microsprint15

Was Tony Raines really there racing a sprint car, or did you mean Tony Main?

9/27/08, 11:31 PM   #3
5JMOFFATTFAN!

WOW!! That was great... hupp and franks both ran great... best that track has looked all year! great race joss! you were crazy fast congrats man!!

9/28/08, 1:11 AM   #4
riskybrisky5

Congrats to Joss and Bill. Two great people. It was a good race with lots of slicing and dicing. Thanks for the compliments Jason, Logan ran a good race also. Chase got Main on the outside coming off four on last lap to get 4th place. I seen you had him 5th. Question though why do they only run 20 lap features?

9/28/08, 8:33 AM   #5
cecil98

Jason! you need to start a new career as a reporter. I'm impressed! Thought I would just stay home last night and relax. Now, I wish I had driven down to North Vernon. It would have been nice to see a show with local talent (and budgets!), sans the millionaires that travel the midwest in the summer cherry picking $1400 to win events.

9/28/08, 8:52 AM   #6
Daddyo

I agree Cecil. Jim Morrison watch out as I think we have a budding journalist in the house. Jason I have some camera equipment I can sell ya to complete the package.

9/28/08, 9:16 AM   #7
case3

Great to see joss win one. Allways love to here the father and son teams doing well. Hard work pays off keep it up.

9/28/08, 10:49 AM   #8
ThrottleHead

Congrats Joss on the win! Couldn't happen to a nicer group there!!!

9/30/08, 8:35 AM   #9
Knoke77

Thanks for the compliments guys. All these years of reading articles by Danny Burton, Jim Morrison, KO, and the likes must have rubbed off on me. :O:

Sorry about the mix up with Tony's name. I had heard Tony Raines name earlier in the day and it must have stuck in my head.

Was still a great race and probably my last one for the year so I'm really glad I was able to attend.

Just a couple more months till the baby is here so it's time to buckle down and get the final things prepared for that. :checkered:

9/30/08, 8:41 AM   #10
TQ29m

Jake, we didn't know, you aren't showing yet! Bob Congrats!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > North Vernon Results! WOW What a race!