IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Port Royal Eastern Storm
12/15/16, 8:16 PM   #1
Port Royal Eastern Storm
nowingsjeff

Race Count This Year: 5

Port Royal Speedway BREAKING NEWS:

Fans, you asked for it and now you're gonna get it. On Saturday, June 17th, the always exciting USAC non-wing sprint cars will make their yearly stop and for the first time ever at Port Royal Speedway, our mighty 410 sprint cars will be on the show with them. This makes for a one-night sprint car extravaganza you will NOT want to miss!

1 member likes this post: TNRustler
12/15/16, 8:17 PM   #2
Re: Port Royal Eastern Storm
nowingsjeff

Race Count This Year: 5

How many races do they run each year at Port Royal? Hard to believe they can't run just one show a year without the tin. Winged cars will slick over the track & make the non wingers put on a bad show. Sorry Port Royal, you just lost my money as I'm not supporting your poor decision.

5 members like this post: Backitin, hhiester, jim goerge, Pat O'Connor Fan, wolfpack58
12/15/16, 10:01 PM   #3
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

I'm going to Jennerstown to see the ISMA Supers Mods that night. I just think the winged 410 are going to burn up the track for the USAC sprints.

3 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, jim goerge, Pat O'Connor Fan
12/16/16, 4:33 AM   #4
Freddy768

Guess you've never been to ISW then. One dry slick track after another.

4 members like this post: JDFAST, lukesmith, monkeyboy, TNRustler
12/16/16, 9:46 AM   #5
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy768 View Post
Guess you've never been to ISW then. One dry slick track after another.
Oh I've seen a ton of ISW races, been coming out to Indiana since 1996. What you won't see in Indiana is trucks with street tires pack the track for hours before hot laps. You won't see a grader out on the track after heat races to knock down a cushion and then those same street tire wielding trucks pack it back down as hard as asphalt. That's how they prep a track for winged 410's in Central PA.

I've seen far more tracks look like this when the racing start in Indiana,

then like this for winged 410's.

12/16/16, 10:38 AM   #6
dirtyd6305

So you are telling me I can see 2 sprint car races for the price of 1? And two different disciplines at that? How dare you! LMAO. I love this idea; made my initial visit to Port for the WoO show in October and the track was in good shape all night. Thank you to the promoters at Port Royal for trying something different!

6 members like this post: fish, JDFAST, lukesmith, PIT CART, Simon_says17, TNRustler
12/16/16, 4:32 PM   #7
motorhead748

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowingsjeff View Post
How many races do they run each year at Port Royal? Hard to believe they can't run just one show a year without the tin. Winged cars will slick over the track & make the non wingers put on a bad show. Sorry Port Royal, you just lost my money as I'm not supporting your poor decision.
I'm tryin to figure out why you praised the show in the initial post and one minute later slammed them?

12/16/16, 5:04 PM   #8
racegal

Race Count This Year: 19

The Eastern Storm is on my bucket list for sure!!

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
12/16/16, 6:41 PM   #9
NOSTINKINWINGS

The initial post was the Port Royal press release.

12/16/16, 6:52 PM   #10
NOSTINKINWINGS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyd6305 View Post
So you are telling me I can see 2 sprint car races for the price of 1? And two different disciplines at that? How dare you! LMAO. I love this idea; made my initial visit to Port for the WoO show in October and the track was in good shape all night. Thank you to the promoters at Port Royal for trying something different!
What Jeff is trying to make you understand is one discipline will most likely be adversely affecting the other. I'll let you figure which one.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Port Royal Eastern Storm